Cant connect S5 to digital factory

Posted · Cant connect S5 to digital factory

Anyone else having this issue?

I enter the PIN shown in the printer screen to digital factory and nothing happens, if I try the same pin a second time it says no printer is using that pin...

Cheers,

Rodrigo

• 4 weeks later...

I guess they have other worries right now. Yesterday was the release of the new firmware. Many have probably taken their printers out of the closet and tested them. I don't want to know how many emails they had today.

update: even with the new firmware update i have the same result. 

Apologies for the late reply, I usually don't look in the hardware forums but a colleague just made me aware of this thread. I'll move the thread to the Digital Factory section.

As for the issue, please try the following things:

1) If you printer has been a guest in a local group before, make sure to disconnect it from the host printer. You can do this via http://ip_of_your_printer/print_jobs. Then try the pin connection flow again.

2) If that did not work, please upload the printer's logs here or in a private message to me. You can extract the logs via the display's settings menu to a USB drive.

3) Lastly we have the nuclear option, which is to do a factory reset via the printer's display. This should wipe any inconsistent state that might cause the issue and allows you to start cleanly.

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue, couldn't connect using the code on the screen. What I had to do was to Reset Digital Factory after the update and then it worked perfectly (same issue on both of our S5's).

• Like 2

Great to hear that you were able to resolve the situation. As this is obviously not a desired situation I'll keep working with the embedded teams to make the networking more stable.

Yes, I lost all my statistics and analytics (actually they were already inaccessible after the upgrade but before the reset). The only real way I can count machine hours is through the nozzle data which is obviously not the best solution. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 2

Improving the reporting (and moving it off the printer to Digital Factory) is pretty high on our wish list, so expect improvements in that area 🙂

20 hours ago, jkcz said:

I had the same issue, couldn't connect using the code on the screen. What I had to do was to Reset Digital Factory after the update and then it worked perfectly (same issue on both of our S5's).

the digital reset worked for me to! i` overlooked the option. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jol said:

the digital reset worked for me to! i` overlooked the option. Thanks!

Great to hear that you're up and running again. For anyone still having this problem, please share some logs with us so we can investigate the root cause and fix the problem permanently.

You can add a hint to this information in the activation dialog?

A kind of short info.

--
    Problems with activation - >
        I have no code -> try this
        Factory cannot find printer -> try this
    --
    That would be great

On 7/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, UlrichC-DE said:

You can add a hint to this information in the activation dialog?

A kind of short info.

--
    Problems with activation - >
        I have no code -> try this
        Factory cannot find printer -> try this
    --
    That would be great

I'll relay that suggestion to the Digital Factory development team, Thanks!

• Like 1

Necroing this thread because we're having the same problem here with our S5. I never see a PIN anywhere when trying to set up Digital Factory.

On 7/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, ctbeke said:

For anyone still having this problem, please share some logs with us so we can investigate the root cause

31 minutes ago, GLIL said:

Necroing this thread because we're having the same problem here with our S5. I never see a PIN anywhere when trying to set up Digital Factory.

Assuming that you're following the flow via https://digitalfactory.ultimaker.com/app/printers -> add printers -> S5 -> on the printer display go to settings -> network -> Digital Factory, and for some reason it doesn't work, please export the printer logs and post them here or send them to me in a private message.

Will do so, thanks.

Posted (edited) · Cant connect S5 to digital factory

Okay, log files attached.

S5Logs.zip

EDIT: ...and I've reached my post limit for the day, lol

EDIT2: And the limit has vanished! heh

Edited by GLIL
    more

3 hours ago, GLIL said:

New users need an approval on their first posts, after that you are free to post without moderation and without a limit.

16 hours ago, GLIL said:

Okay, log files attached.

S5Logs.zip 111.66 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

Unfortunately the main system logging file seems to not be in this ZIP file. Can you upload all the files that he printer outputs?

Chris

Sorry about that. Was working with a USB drive that had too many files on it already and I missed selecting a bunch, lol. Here's the complete archive of everything the printer exported.

AllUltimakerLogs.zip

1 hour ago, GLIL said:

Sorry about that. Was working with a USB drive that had too many files on it already and I missed selecting a bunch, lol. Here's the complete archive of everything the printer exported.

AllUltimakerLogs.zip 293.42 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks.

I've scanned through the logs and found the following line of interest:

socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

This usually indicates that for some reason, the network configuration of the printer or the LAN was not able to find the correct server that fits the api.ultimaker.com domain name. In the past we've seen that a factory reset and reboot via the printer settings menu often resolves this problem. Is there anything in your network that you would consider out of the ordinary (e.g. specific firewall rules, white/black lists of domains, etc)?

Chris

We're behind an institutional firewall, but there shouldn't be anything unusual in there specifically regarding Ultimaker... I have the printer directly connected via Ethernet to a laptop plugged into our network, and we're able to access other Ultimaker addresses via that laptop, so I don't believe anything is being actively blocked. I can check Internet adapter settings and such on the laptop if you have anything you'd suggest I look for.

Have you tried to call the API in the browser?

For example:

https://api.ultimaker.com/cura/v1/