pause, change, continue

Posted · pause, change, continue

Hello community,

I'm Sam and I'm new here. I searched Google and this place for my problem but the words always meant something else in the posts that I found. If this problem is already covered elsewhere, I apologize for asking about it again. A link to the solution would be nice then.

I would like to pause a print, make changes to the print file, update it on the printer and then continue printing. I can do this with a laser sinterer at my work place. The idea behind this is born from a problem. If you see one faulty object among others with, you don't want to continue printing this object. If you stop printing, you lose all other objects that have been printed so far. 

I have a 3 day print of several objects running and after one night I see a bottom corner of one object lifted up. I have added an image of that corner. The corner you see should be there from the start but it is not. The printer/the object just got right but with this error the object will not usable later. Finishing it would be a waste of ressources. Stopping and redoing everything (with changes) would waste more ressources. I would just like to remove the faulty object from the printing job and continue without it.

I hope there is a way to do it.

Cheers,

Sam

20200709_115544.jpg

Hi @samuidayone, thank you for your message and welcome to the community. 

If I understand it correctly you wish to basically halt a print, and resume with a different gcode (which contains of the same print job except 1 model). I don't believe that is possible right now. Perhaps someone knows a possible workaround?

• Thanks 1

If you plug your printer directly into Cura, you can give it manual codes I believe, I don't know G-code that well so I never tried but it shows it under the "monitor" tab. 

Perhaps there's a way to do it like that.

But I doubt it since it's all coordinates, you'd have to figure out where it was and remove each line of code that tells it to there.

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with it, either scrap it all or let it finish, when it happens to me, I just let it roll unless it's catastrophic.