Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Nobulun

UM2+: How do you calibrate the print head?

Posted (edited) · UM2+: How do you calibrate the print head?

Hey,

Yesterday I was going through every step from the maintenance guide from Ultimaker's website and i can't find any guide to calibrate your printhead. The topic related is this one: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011802280-Check-for-play-on-the-Ultimaker-2-axles. I've printed the calibration tool but idk how to use it.

PD: Do you know which part of the printer must be changed after using it through the years? It's been 3 years since I've got the printer and it still prints like the first day (4.500 hours of printing). And I've only changed PTFE a couple of times, 2 Bowden tubes and 4 nozzles.

Thanks!

Edited by Nobulun

Posted · UM2+: How do you calibrate the print head?

Can you clarify what you mean about calibrating the printhead? Are you looking to check the alignment of your axles and check for play? I've got a guide here.

Bowden tube and couplers are the top things I usually replace. With that much runtime on the belts though, you may want to replace those as well. I usually find they need it between about 3k and 4k print hours depending on the printing environment. I've got a guide for that here. If you're seeing a lot of black dust building up on top of your XY motors or the belts have gotten noisy, it's time to replace them.

• Like 2