Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Grenex

4.7 is now auto bed leveling on every print?

Posted · 4.7 is now auto bed leveling on every print?

I installed the 4.7 update last week and now my Creality CR10S Pro does an auto bed level now at the start of each print.  How do I disable that?
note that in my attached images, my Gcode shows that G29 auto level command, but my machine settings do not have that setup.

This action never occurred prior to 4.7 and I have poured over the settings unable to find where this new line in the GCODE is being set.

bedlevel2.jpg

BedLevel1.jpg

Posted (edited) · 4.7 is now auto bed leveling on every print?

One change I noticed in version 4.7 was the line you have highlighted. Previously bed leveling was done with M420 and it's related parameters. There's some discussion going on among CR10 users prior to 4.7 release in a couple of threads where some were having issues with a triangular extrusion pattern between the bed leveling process and initial purge print, possibly resulting in the change from M420 to G29 in the 4.7 release. We would have to have someone from Ultimaker confirm that to be certain though. 

Best thing i can suggest is go have a read of marlin's g-code on their site,  it elaborates on the differences between G29 and M420. 

G29 info here - https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/G029.html

M420 info here - https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M420.html

You may need to double check what functions are enabled in your firmware version too. If you're using firmware 1.70 from Creality, M420 is bugged thus you need to use G29.  

Edited by Longtoke
addition info

But how do I stop this all together from bring in the gcode?  I don't want it at all... No matter what the proper code is

Posted (edited) · 4.7 is now auto bed leveling on every print?

I'm big on work-arounds.  Hopefully somebody will drop by and explain how to keep the G29 from being added.  In the mean time...

In Cura go to Extensions / Post-Processing / Modify Gcode and in the dialog box select "Add a Script".  From the list select "Search and Replace".  In the "Search" box put G29 and in the "Replace" box put ;G29 .

All G29's in the file will be commented out.

Edited by GregValiant

Please attach a project file so we can see your machine settings (file/save) attach the .3mf

13 hours ago, GregValiant said:

I'm big on work-arounds.  Hopefully somebody will drop by and explain how to keep the G29 from being added.  In the mean time...

In Cura go to Extensions / Post-Processing / Modify Gcode and in the dialog box select "Add a Script".  From the list select "Search and Replace".  In the "Search" box put G29 and in the "Replace" box put ;G29 .

All G29's in the file will be commented out.

This worked PERFECTLY!  Thank you so much for the help!!!!

It looks like it gets added to the Start-Up Gcode box in Cura as a default for your printer.  You can either delete the line from your Start-Up Gcode, or put a semi-colon in front of the G92 so the printer will ignore it.  Either way would allow you to get rid of the Search and Replace plugin.

Hi.  I am new to 3D printing.  I have update Cura to the latest version and my CR10S Pro is auto-leveling before each print too.  Will this cause problems with the printer? Should I disable it ?  Thanks.

It was causing issues where I would level the bed and then the auto level was reading differently when the printer did it before each print

See above comment on how I disabled it

• Like 1