Simple Pipe Printing .. What is going on ?

burbas

Posted · Simple Pipe Printing .. What is going on ?

Hello ALL, 

i stuck, while i am printing super simple pipe, exactly pencil cap. it stucks at layer 75, not printing pipe holes. it is normaly longer than this. or when i changed to numbers like below, it becomes mosaic , nozzle and settings are ok to me.. but what is the problem. 

image.thumb.png.1499a749d34e03c7fe4c431ffe15b206.png

Look these are settings

image.thumb.png.303086d085e9e9c8cb921a306b7aa974.png

these are the dimensions

image.thumb.png.db78764e787ba62b7d64bb15a4603299.pngimage.png.78c294c0a9504acabf4b6a7ae3aec0f1.png

what is the idea behind of this ? 

image.png

image.png

I can delete the topic if you want, but I think it could be interesting also for other users.

Can you explain how you solved it? Changed the nozzle size or wall thickness a little bit smaller?

From time to time I get strange results, also when modelling with a multiple of the the nozzle size or wall thickness. So when modelling a wall with 1.2mm and the wall thickness is 0.4 it can happen that I have to set the wall thickness to 0.39 to get a good result. I guess sometimes the STL export doesn't match 100% the dimensions you set in CAD and differ in some microns.

Exporting to STL converts circles - thus curved lines - into polygons with straight segments. So if your wall thickness is exactly 0.4mm in the design, upon converting to STL-segments it may vary between 0.39mm and 0.41mm for example, depending on the chosen accuracy. The 0.41mm walls print fine, but the 0.39mm wide walls are dropped, leaving holes. That is why I often use 0.5mm for thin walls and tiny text legs, which prints well. I never tried changing nozzle-width to 0.39 or 0.38mm, because I am prone to forget that later on, messing up later prints.  :-)