I need hepp fixing corner and surface issues on a print.

Anafear

Posted · I need hepp fixing corner and surface issues on a print.

Cheers.

I am still new to 3D printing and have been struggling with this print for many days now and I can't seem to get it together

I have attatched the latest Cura project file so you can see the settings I have used in my last attempt.

The worst areas are one corner on the hollow model and no matter what i change in the settings I can't seem to get rid of this completely.

There are also some minor finish problemns on the rest of this side of the model.

CornerX.thumb.jpg.849d62e0835c0ef0bce85f2a03b75268.jpg.

The "front" of the model looks good I think, so I can't get my hed around this issue.

BackX.thumb.jpg.60cf5090b5ea427b22a4bf538b2ee4af.jpg

The top of the print also have some sad visual aspects.

LipX.thumb.jpg.66d6f2a0b68e320dd7815af276a12bff.jpg

The other part in the print file printed very nice I thought at first. Really good adhesion to the buildplate even tho its printed standing up with little surface area.

When I removed it from the printer it was not really as flawless as imagined.

MountX.thumb.jpg.d22fc0286e35baf936ddc0e1df7aa4a0.jpg

All the measurements seem to be well within any tolearnces expected.

My thoughts are leaning towards some kind of heat problem with the top and maby corner of the first model, after that I am lost.

Quick summary is.

280C nozzle temp, (within recomended specs).

100C bed temp

70C chamber temp

0,25mm layer thickness

speed 60mm/s, outer wall 40mm/s

/Best Regards

Mats

Problem file1.5.9.3.3mf

What material are you printing with? ABS? It looks as if coasting might be enabled. If not, you can try changing the z seam setting (Change from user specified to random or sharpest edge) and maybe lower your speed by a smidge.

Hi Anafear,

Welcome in here.

To me, it's look like the printing temperature is to high, -also there is lots of sign of underextrution.

The speed and the layer height demand are quite high for your printer to deliver enough flow it seems.

I would reduce the printing temperature to (260-270) deg.C., reduce the speed to 40 mm/ sec for all speed settings.

Reduce the layer height to 0.15mm and initial layer height to 0.2 mm.

Also, just print one object at a time (saving filament) to see if the correction is good enough.

Good luck

Thanks

Torgeir

6 hours ago, Thegladster said:

What material are you printing with? ABS? It looks as if coasting might be enabled. If not, you can try changing the z seam setting (Change from user specified to random or sharpest edge) and maybe lower your speed by a smidge.

Ahh, forgot to mention that. I am running PBT at the momnet for this design.

5 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Hi Anafear,

Welcome in here.

To me, it's look like the printing temperature is to high, -also there is lots of sign of underextrution.

The speed and the layer height demand are quite high for your printer to deliver enough flow it seems.

I would reduce the printing temperature to (260-270) deg.C., reduce the speed to 40 mm/ sec for all speed settings.

Reduce the layer height to 0.15mm and initial layer height to 0.2 mm.

Also, just print one object at a time (saving filament) to see if the correction is good enough.

Good luck

Thanks

Torgeir

Under extrusion, layer height and heat, I'll se what i can do about that.

Thanks!