Infinite Aquasys 120

spsid13

Posted · Infinite Aquasys 120

Hi,

So I am able to add this material to Cura. When I restart cura, the printer goes into error 998. Tried this at least 10 times now and its the same. I install the material, it works fine.

Can someone suggest a solution?

You might want to try resetting all printer data (on the printer). You will lose all settings except print core calibrations. Then connect the printer through LAN/WiFi with Cura and restart Cura to initiate the material data transfer.

Hey thanks for the reply.

So, I tried resetting the printer settings on the printer. It first showed up with the error ER998 and then, when i restarted it showed up with welcome setup page.

First confirm glass plate. Second install air manager, third changed material - I did this twice now but it still is stuck here and expects me to change material again and again.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 11.25.16.jpeg

I did a printer reset as well recently.
    Since I had other materials loaded, then for the welcome setup required, I skipped this whole welcome setup with the close "X" in the top right corner. Worked fine for me so that I was done with the whole "new" setup in about 5 mins.

Ok I skipped the welcome setup. and then turned the printer off. INstalled the material plugin on Cura. restarted Cura. Then restarted printer. Connected via ethernet to the printer. Again the same ER998 error

I am sorry, that's beyond my knowledge. 
    This is where I think a Mod/Support has to step in. 

Posted (edited) · Infinite Aquasys 120

Hi @ipsid13,

You have an UM S5, right.

I'll think this error is related to previous version of firmware, the later version 5.8.1 have fixed this error.

Edit: Read here more about this error.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011599420-ER998-An-unspecified-error-has-occurred

Thanks

Torgeir

Edited by Torgeir
    More info.

Hi Torgier,

I have S5 yes and its updated to 5.8.1. I still see this error. I dont think this firmware is working

Sorry to hear this, just come to think about how did you update, using USB or lan?

I've learned in here USB is better/safer for update..

But if you tried all this, maybe better to prepare a logfile from the printer.

This file have lots of information.

Good luck.

Torgeir

Thanks I updated using LAN. 

ok will have to prepare a logfile and ask them for support.

I'll think it is worth trying update to 5.8.1 from USB as updating using LAN have failed for people. Uploading using firmware from USB is better as the printer have full control of the USB, -but not from the LAN.

Thanks

Torgeir