Firmware 5.8.2 for S-line printers is now available

Szahari

Posted · Firmware 5.8.2 for S-line printers is now available

Ugh. I have about had it with this new firmware. I was having adhesion trouble so I aborted the print, cleaned the build plate, and then walked away. About 45 minutes later I came back to this mess! There was no option to even cancel the print because apparently it retried without my approval. 

image.thumb.png.08d5fb457e426b802611f3aec92d4fd1.png

This "auto" retry happened to me also in the firmware before or even in 5.8.0 not sure.

But I couldn't find out when or in which cases the printer will do this mystic reprint an aborted job. 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:34 AM, Jonas98 said:

The other thing:
    Klicked at Print core change, click abort, not working. I had to restart the printer after minutes of waiting.

IMG_20201027_060921.thumb.jpg.c473e85538c40bbea686f8d8e0d1b5fc.jpg

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Maybe the change printcore did not work correctly after the error? It has been tested well under normal circumstances (with material parked above the printcore) by us, but I have seen a case where it did not work correctly after the printer was in a errors state. We are currently looking into this case. Can you confirm that the change printcore works with material in the parked position?

On 10/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, Jman15x said:

Ugh. I have about had it with this new firmware. I was having adhesion trouble so I aborted the print, cleaned the build plate, and then walked away. About 45 minutes later I came back to this mess! There was no option to even cancel the print because apparently it retried without my approval. 

image.thumb.png.08d5fb457e426b802611f3aec92d4fd1.png

Was the abort finished and did you press "confirm removal"? Or was there something else still going on?

2 hours ago, sj3fk3 said:

Was the abort finished and did you press "confirm removal"? Or was there something else still going on?

I did not confirm the removal 

58 minutes ago, Jman15x said:

I did not confirm the removal 

Hmm, I think the abort somehow got aborted. It would be really nice to see the log files, but I'm guessing they are already rotated away by now. If you see it again, please file a rapport and send us the logfiles.

Meanwhile I will see if we can reproduce this.

12 minutes ago, sj3fk3 said:

Hmm, I think the abort somehow got aborted. It would be really nice to see the log files, but I'm guessing they are already rotated away by now. If you see it again, please file a rapport and send us the logfiles.

Meanwhile I will see if we can reproduce this.

I don't know how long it takes for the old files to cycle out but I do have the USB flash drive inserted 

On 10/29/2020 at 3:16 PM, Jman15x said:

I don't know how long it takes for the old files to cycle out but I do have the USB flash drive inserted 

They cycle with every reboot (and it keeps the previous one). So you always have now + previous logfiles and it cycles once it exceeds 64Mb.