Ultra Maker Cura 3 Build volume 215 x 215 x 200 mm???

TAVARES

Posted · Ultra Maker Cura 3 Build volume 215 x 215 x 200 mm???
We had purchased the Ultra Maker Cura 3 but have encountered an issue.

The Specs read the Build volume is 215 x 215 x 200 mm

image.png

But when we attempt to print something at 159 mm X 205.9 mm X 38.8 mm we cannot lay it flat.

image.png

image.png

Version 4.71.

The customer needs/want it to be printed FLAT.

Can you provide an answer?

Thank you.

Hi,

Your images don't load so i'm not sure what you was trying to show in them. But why the max build volume is 215 x 215 x 200mm, a few settings will affect the max size of a part you can print.

Build Plate adhesion settings like skirt, raft, brim will all lower the max build size because they have to be printed around the outside of your model, so why your model is 205.9mm in size one way by the time you account for say a brim you could be over the max build volume.

You can set build plate adesion type to "none" what will give you more printable space, I also think some other settings can affect the overall build size but i can not recall just what ones they are, maybe @gr5 or @Smithy know just what settings can adjust the build volume more than just the build plate adhesion settings.

Also in Cura you will spot grey bars around the build plate, this is the bars that keep a safty margin for being able to print stuff like brims around a model, so when you edit the build plate adhesion settings you will see them grey bars get smaller.

When you don't need the second print core, disable it in Cura, that brings more useable space.

Additionally disabling the prime blob, should also make the grey area a little bit smaller.

Let me see if I find some more settings....

• Like 1

Hi Everyone:

I removed the Blob and the Support and Adhesion but the Grayed out areas on the bed are not allowing me to print the sizes that were in spec.

My customer really need this, and I would like to have an answer sooner than later.

Bed.JPG

Print request.JPG

Options.JPG

I just tried it, I disabled print core 2, disabled blob, disabled skirt/brim

image.thumb.png.96e1b029de31b1acab60eac43c95a662.png

The part is 206mm long and it fits.

Another settings is "travel avoid distance" which you can set to 0 to get a little bit more space.

That great but I really need it to print the  215 x 215 x 200mm as well.

In this example, I removed the blob and the skirt but I still can get it to 160 X 210 X 37.

I love the advice, I Just need more.

Skirt.JPG

No Skirt no blob.JPG

160 210 36.JPG

With travel avoid distance set to 0 you get the 215mm in x and y.

The part is 215mm long.

image.thumb.png.82aa819f3569c2d443a66e5c1e812b70.png

image.thumb.png.81c778760a544322c5d37359cfa87e23.png

Here a part 210 x 160

image.thumb.png.6d9561141c0c73de8a7255b565479e20.png

Hi Again.

It will not let me set it to 0.

Nuts to me.

Travel.JPG

I get the same warning, but that shouldn't matter.

Here you have a summary with explanations of the settings I mentioned above:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013799339-How-to-print-the-maximum-build-volume-in-Ultimaker-Cura

OK.

So that gets me to 160 X 210 X 36.6 mm

But how could I get to  215 x 215 x 200mm, see below.

2 hours ago, Carla_Birch said:

Hi,

Your images don't load so i'm not sure what you was trying to show in them. But why the max build volume is 215 x 215 x 200mm, a few settings will affect the max size of a part you can print.

Build Plate adhesion settings like skirt, raft, brim will all lower the max build size because they have to be printed around the outside of your model, so why your model is 205.9mm in size one way by the time you account for say a brim you could be over the max build volume.

You can set build plate adesion type to "none" what will give you more printable space, I also think some other settings can affect the overall build size but i can not recall just what ones they are, maybe @gr5 or @Smithy know just what settings can adjust the build volume more than just the build plate adhesion settings.

Also in Cura you will spot grey bars around the build plate, this is the bars that keep a safty margin for being able to print stuff like brims around a model, so when you edit the build plate adhesion settings you will see them grey bars get smaller.

Size.JPG

See my post above you can get to 215 in x and also 215 in y, but it is not possible to have a cube which is 215x215.