Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted · Underextrusion with Bondtech qr

I never thought i would be saying this but im having underextusion issues on my um2 with a bondtech qr extruder. I think its a problem with the firmware though. I prefer tinker firmware so i am using that instead of the bondtech firmware. I think its a problem with the esteps value. Ive tried "printing" a gcode file with the Esteps command and also pronterface but both don't seem to work. Is there a way to directly check if the esteps value was uploaded and saved? Or is there  way i can modify tinker firmware and change the esteps value and the loading speed? Or am i doing something completely wrong?

Esteps value:492.45

loading and unloading speed 50mm/s

With the Tinker FW you can set the steps directly via the menu. I don't know out of my head where it is but look through the menu.

you can also check it with the gcode M503 if I am not wrong to see the stored values.

hm... let me try

Posted (edited) · Underextrusion with Bondtech qr

It seems to work but it still is slightly underextruding. i measured off 100mm on filament and took off the nozzle to remove resistance and I extruded 100mm using pronterface but it didn't extrude the full 100mm. Its like 3-4mm short. Any ideas? 1048710244_CamScanner12-16-202018.35_1.thumb.jpg.ab13afe1ffc6b321d9fc68799a0a2387.jpg

This is what the underextrusion looks like. Notice the gaps between the lines. Its kind of hard to see.

Edited by kwill5800