Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
geeks

ERROR - STOPPED Temp Sensor BED

Yes, it has been my first reaction. :-P

I have made quality control in electronics, I look at the condition of welds. It is "Ok" for me at this level. :geek:

Not good the tightening screws on the son. I tightens, I reassembled the bed, it prints. :cool:

That said, I will be vigilant to also weld the next disassembly of the bed.

Tell me, what would happen if the bed finally give up the ghost? :oops:

I have the same error as above, however, I have the UM2 Extended+ ... it doesn't have just two wires, there are two gray and two black. It seems that the two black wires have come broken off, the metal is not showing, so I can only assume they've broken off.

Since none of the pictures show the updated UM2 Ext+ I am not sure if all 4 wires must be attached and if the order of the two back is important, or how to determine.

From a visual look it appears I can determine the order, but I'm not 100% sure.

Help.....!!

Hi, the two grey wires are the heater wires. The black one the sensor wires.

The should be connected. If the cables is broken, you should contact your local reseller to have a replacement cable or try to reconnect them yourself

Have a look at the build manual for reference (it's for the UM2 but the steps are similar for most parts)

Edited by Guest

There are two silver screws facing upwards at the back of the build plate. These are sharp pointed screws that bite into the plastic of the heat sensor. Over time, the plastic tears away and the screw becomes loose. These two screws need to pull the sensor tight against the heat bed or the system will shut down and give you an ER02 error for safety.

STEP ONE:

Try gently tightening the screws. If they bite in and stay, then turning your Ultimaker off and on should fix it.

STEP TWO:

If the screws keep rotating, then the plastic has been torn and the screws won't work to keep the sensor tight against the heat bed anymore. Therefore you need to go through your toys and bits and pieces and find a screw that is slightly bigger. I was lucky enough to find a tiny screw in a toy I had that was the same size but was bolt shaped rather than pointy. This seems to have fixed it.

STEP THREE:

Carefully squeeze a bit of superglue into the screw hole and then put the screw back in. Not sure whether you should do this while its wet or dry. I recommend wet, so that no glue can't dry to create a forced gap between the top of the sensor and the heater bed. You might instead try to put the superglue on the tip of the screw.

Let me know if any of this works for you.

After the screws were in place and I fixed it, the bed sensor issue happened again. So I spent TEN HOURS!!!! soldering and inspecting every part as I ripped my Ultimaker to pieces trying to find a problem.

I let it cool.

Its working now because its cool. But I suspect as it heats up it might stop 99% of the way through a 40 hour print. Again.

Let this be your plan B: Let your entire ultimaker cool down and risk it. Its infuriating that Ultimaker staff are not involved in this forum to give us absolute answers. This product should be recalled if there is an issue, or parts sent out coupled with a compensation payment to every customer.

Edited by Guest