Zero Print Time on Ultimaker S5

Posted · Zero Print Time on Ultimaker S5

My company semi-recently bought an Ultimaker S5 pro-bundle. We had planned on using it mostly for fixtures, and have since printed some rudimentary parts with success. We have taken on the assignment of 3D printing a furnace gasket. We bought some TPC to prototype the parts, yet when I went to print it, the print time registered 0 on the printer. I thought this was odd, but just let the printer go and obviously it did not print anything. When I looked back at my Cura (4.8) slice, it said 8 hours and 45 minutes. Does anyone have previous experience with an issue like this?

I am still a beginner with 3D printing, but I have done some troubleshooting for the printer in the meantime. I first tried using a different model, one that I had printed before, and that did not work. I tried using different materials, reverting to Cura 4.6, new models for parts and reverting the printer's firmware back from 6.3 to 6.2.

Is there an obvious solution that I am missing? If there is, it should be easier to find on Google!

Did you print through USB flash drive, digital factory, or direct network?

I recommend USB if you are having issues because then you can bring the "gcode" file (I think it's ".ufp") back to a computer and check that the file isn't corrupt (for example if you pulled the flash drive out before it printed or if the file is corrupt on your S5's internal "hard drive").

Then you can post the ufp file here so we can look at it.

You can rename a ufp file to ".zip" and then it will open in your operating system (mac,pc,linux) and you can find the actual gcode file inside.  If the print job is "empty" then the gcode file sill be very small.  < 10k.  

• Like 1

I have found the "model.gcode" file in the 3D folder of the extraction, and it's size is approximately 6 kb. I'll post it here, but what I find odd is that all of my parts are doing this, whether I have printed them before or not. I have also attached the ufp for the furnace gasket for reference.

model.gcode UMS5_FurnaceGasket2.ufp

Yes, I have TPU and PVA loaded. I spoke to Ultimaker support and they recommend me doing a firmware recovery, so I will update this thread after that is done. I appreciate the help so far!

I just have a plain S5 without the material station and have never seen this so you *could* try just not using that to help isolate the problem.

I have finished the firmware recovery to no avail, the printer still shows a 0 print time while in start up and immediately finishes. I'll give the S5 with no material station or air manager an attempt to see what it does. This printer IS under warranty, so that could be the real solution here.

• Like 2