Posted · Power outage

Hi, I have lost 15 hours work in the middle of a 25 hours job. 

We had a sudden power glitch for a few mili-seconds causing the printer to go through a complete reboot.

I could not resume the job. Other than adding a UPS is thee a way to recover from a power outage?

If I add a UPS and I manually pause or stop the job, then turn off the unit, can I resume later on when the power comes back?

Posted · Power outage

This is with an S5?  you can do it but it involves editing gcode files.  Well even then you can't do it because the active leveling can't be disabled on the S5 and that would ruin the existing print.   Unfortunately the S5 printer firmware does not have that capability.  I'd still get the UPS and at least that will cover brief power glitches. 

The UM2 and UM2+ can do this if you have the tinkerMarlin firmware installed but not the newer printers (S3, S5, UM2+C).

For me - 15 hours into a 25 hour print would be worth it.  I'd immediately heat the bed back up to temperature (otherwise there is a large risk the part might pop off the bed).  Then I'd figure out exactly which layer failed and then edit the gcode by hand to start at that layer.  I did this once for a failed UM2 print job that was more than 10 hours (resume failed print).

But again - you you can't do that on an S5 because of the active leveling.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies