Cura Subtracts Materials from the mini and "scars" the mini

Posted · Cura Subtracts Materials from the mini and "scars" the mini

I tried to slice dnd mini on cura and it worked fine, than I switched it to BIQU B1 printer and it got does scarring which makes these areas 3 layers thinner

image.thumb.png.18b427ce2203efa68f217fe0b30ab605.png

Does anyone know how to take care of it?

It seems the model has some errors. You can check and repair it with the Windows 3D builder or a similar tool.

There are a lot of STL files with errors and they can result in different errors. I cannot say if it is really the reason or why it was fine before you switched, but when you check it, you can be sure it is not the model.

I am pretty sure it is something with the app because again it works if I do it on another monitor

Posted (edited) · Cura Subtracts Materials from the mini and "scars" the mini

You need to check the settings between your "monitor" (not sure what that means) and the BIQU.  Start with Line Width and Layer Heights and turn on "Print Thin Walls".

If you post the STL here somebody will take a look.

A LOT of scanned and hand modeled character STL's have errors in them.  The engineered models don't have near as many problems but it can still happen with them.

Edited by GregValiant

The monitor is just how Cura calls the printer, there is no monitor, I just wasn't sure how to word that

Got it.  The slice was always like that then.  It didn't change because you chose a different printer.

Line Width is probably the main issue.  If you are using a .4 nozzle try dropping the line width to .35 and see if it helps.

If you switch to a .2 nozzle (just for a test) and look at the preview do those bad areas get better?

The slice wan't always like that, but I'll try what you suggested

I tried setting it to 3.5 and it didn't work, so I tried switching into 0.2 nozzle and it worked, but it says that because of it my profile switched because standard quality didn't work with that type of nozzle. I used special profile, so if you have any idea of how I can import it to super quality I'd love to hear

In Cura use "File | Save Project" and post the 3mf file here.  I'll take a look but I ain't makin' no promises.

I have managed to fix it! I just used a custom printer on Cura instead of the automatic one for BIQU B1 and it worked, thanks for the help

Thank You all so much

Thanks for the feedback and happy printing 😀

This is not a model error.

This is the setting "Enable coasting". You can find this setting way down in the Experimental tab in cura. It is probably enabled in your given printer profile. This is just disabled in a generic new one. You can use your given profile and just disable this setting.

What this does is it stops extruding material just a bit before it reaches the end of the line. This last bit is displayed as a travel move in the layer preview. 

The purpose is to use the molten filament in the nozzle for the last bit of a line instead of extruding until the end. The idea is to reduce the pressure in the nozzle before the printhead is going to do a travel move. This can reduce stringing and blobs and hide the Z seam better when dialed in correctly.

• Like 2

Thanks! I checked it and it worked