Save (and restore) all Cura parameters and settings

emphyrio

Posted · Save (and restore) all Cura parameters and settings

Hello all,

Sorry if the question has already been answered before, but I couldn't find any corresponding topic.

Simple question:

- How can I save (and restore) ALL Cura settings, parameters, profiles, plugins, etc. at the same time and in a single manipulation?

I recently reinstalled my computer from scratch and it was very painful to have to reconfigure everything. 🤔

Especially since I didn't remember half of my setting. 😆

Is there a way to save everything? A file or a directory to save, may be?

Thank you

Emphyrio

You can just copy the configuration folder to the new computer and you should have everything as before.

The location of the configuration folder can be found when you go to the HELP menu, there is an entry for the configuration folder.

• Like 1

@Smithy: thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I must admit that I didn't see this option.

@nallath: thank you also.

I saw this plugin, but:

1) Nothing states what this plugin is supposed to backup. Seetings? Plugins? Everything?

2) More important: where are the backup files stored? Impossible to find them on my computer.

Many thanks!

On 8/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, emphyrio said:

1) Nothing states what this plugin is supposed to backup. Seetings? Plugins? Everything?

Everything. It also states what it will save if you actually do the backup (and shows how many things it will restore if you open a backup

On 8/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, emphyrio said:

2) More important: where are the backup files stored? Impossible to find them on my computer.

They are stored remotely. That is also why you need to login before you can use the plugin.

Hello @nallath,

Thank you for your (very) interesting and complete answer. 😄

I am just wondering why the Ultimaker developers didn't add some little description sentences on that "Cura backups" window which would avoid having to ask such a basic the question 🙂

Again, many thanks!

Emphyrio

1 hour ago, emphyrio said:

I am just wondering why the Ultimaker developers didn't add some little description sentences on that "Cura backups" window which would avoid having to ask such a basic the question 🙂

Because you're the first person to ask about it 😛

Posted (edited) · Save (and restore) all Cura parameters and settings
    30 minutes ago, nallath said:

Because you're the first person to ask about it 😛

I guess... That's really weird. Am I the only one to care about backups or the only one to not understand obvious options? 🙂

Actually, as a software developer, I care a lot about user experience and you must admit that, that window is a little bit... questioning?... 😄

Edited by emphyrio

I think most people just assume that a backup is in the cloud these days? I mean, that's what I do anyway.

11 minutes ago, nallath said:

I think most people just assume that a backup is in the cloud these days? I mean, that's what I do anyway.

I use tons of softwares that don't backup in the cloud 🙂

But I probably ask myself too many questions... 😁

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Posted (edited) · Save (and restore) all Cura parameters and settings

The link to the Help/Configuration Folder  does not work for, Win 10 machine, latest Cura.

It is located Users/Your folder name /AppData/Roaming

Edited by GDRPrint
    Add config folder location

Works fine for me on Windows10. Maybe your system is blocking you to access.