RED MARKER at the Marketplace butten ??

ksor

Posted · RED MARKER at the Marketplace butten ??

I just updated to 4.11 and got this RED BLOB with a '1' at the Markedplace butten !

WHat is it and how do I get rid of it ?

If I click on the Marketplace butten after some time the program crashes !

The red circle indicates that there are updates available for plugins you have installed.  The number in the circle indicates how many plugins have updates available.

Clicking on the MarketPlace icon shouldn't crash Cura though.  Maybe @nallath or another team member will address that.

I have found that the MarketPlace can take 30 seconds to load and populate its dialog box.

If by "crashes" you mean that the window becomes unresponsive, please give it more time.

The architecture of the Marketplace window is not handling the large number of items available in the Marketplace very well (especially including the materials). Unfortunately this leads to the window being "unresponsive" to Windows, which makes it seem the application has crashed.

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

If by "crashes" you mean that the window becomes unresponsive, please give it more time.

The architecture of the Marketplace window is not handling the large number of items available in the Marketplace very well (especially including the materials). Unfortunately this leads to the window being "unresponsive" to Windows, which makes it seem the application has crashed.

We're going to re-work that soon (and by re-work i mean; take it out to the chemical shed and have it shot, so we can have a clean start)

• Like 1

Year, when clicked my machine gets stucked and after some time Windows comes up with a message that the program is Unavaiable ... and it never comes back !

THX - it woukld be nice to have this solved.