Cura Error 0 While Saving dual extrusion

Mlogue9

Posted (edited) · Cura Error 0 While Saving dual extrusion

New trying to get a 2nd extruder working... I may have something wrong. My setup is a simple Y adapter, two extruder motors, one nozzle and hotend. Cheap as am i.

But whenever I have models utilizing the 2nd extruder, save gcode results in an "Error 0". WTF is an error 0? That's supposed to be a non-error, but it's fatal-no gcode. I set both models to extruder 1 and it saves fine. Both to extruder 2 and it error 0 again.

I tried another printer profile and also printing to octoprint with same error 0 again.

I would attach a HTML of settings but this forum doesn't support HTML for some reason. So I saved it as a ascii encoded txt/"log" file. If I pasted it in this would be a mile long.

creality_ender3pro.log

Edited by Mlogue9
Added info.... still wait upon answer

Posted · Cura Error 0 While Saving dual extrusion

*SOLVED* By unknown means, I upgraded to 4.11 then repeated opening an STL and cloning one to another extruder and slicing, then saving. Same error 0, just the x icon this time was red. Now, I tried opening another model, a 3mf file, that item I cloned like before, then went to look at the preview to see it was using prime tower. I then saved. Worked! I then tried to repeat  the error to no luck.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Saving a gcode file for dual extrusion is no different from saving a file for single extrusion.

"Error 0" is as undescriptive for us as it is for you, but in all likelihood the cura logs files have more information than that, To diagnose this, we need to see your Cura.log. The cura.log file can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Greg for quick reply - I'm still looking for the the darn log file, I got 3 versions on Cura installed here on Win10Pro 4.11, 12, 13. Can't see a log in either. Searching cura*.log on whole drive.

Also the gcode save works if I switch back to Ender3OneExtruder, if i then go back to EnderThreeExtruders it has eliminated the 2nd (3rd) materials, with one material in use, it saves gcode. As soon as I assign another material to 2nd object and slice, it won't save.

cura.logHere it is, for 4.13.1. . Its kind of big and for some reason 4.12 didn't make one. It had - as you see - at one point worked for solving this problem, but recently it had same symptom.

• Like 1

*SOLVED* *Discovered cause*

OK in line 157 of the linearAdvanceSettingPlugin.py replace these lines.

Couldn't done it without you Greg asking me for the logfile made me look at it too.

current_linear_advance_factors[extruder_nr] = linear_advance_factor

apply_factor_per_feature[extruder_nr] = False
        for feature_setting_key in self.__gcode_type_to_setting_key.values():
        if extruder_stack.getProperty(feature_setting_key, "value") != linear_advance_factor:
        apply_factor_per_feature[extruder_nr] = True
    • Like 1

Thanks @Mlogue9 for highlighting a bug in the Linear Advance plugin. I will fix it for the next release of that plugin.

• Like 1