Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Reasons why I swithcing Cura <-> Prusa slicer

VladimirK

Posted (edited) · Reasons why I swithcing Cura <-> Prusa slicer

Cura:
pro: easily removable supports

contra: printing useless things, unfinished circles. For materials with low adhesion like HIPS (Ultrabase plus PvP glue, 105C printing bad) last thing is very annoying. For example for "Extruder base" body in https://a360.co/30W6v03 it prints unfinished circles and additional useless parts near for horizontal holes while Prusa do it properly.

Prusa:

contra: can't properly set dynamic cooling yet (sometime results worse than expected, sometime it doesn't cooling at all - halloween pumpkin PLA was quite terrible), problems of removing support

Hemera left thin fan square nuts v38.zip

Edited by VladimirK

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Reasons why I swithcing Cura <-> Prusa slicer

I wasn't aware that you were the one handing out that award 😉

In all seriousness; If you have suggestions on how to improve something, feel free to suggest them on github. But your post as is is far to vague for us to do anything with it. There simply isn't any actionable bit of information in it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Reasons why I swithcing Cura <-> Prusa slicer

I guess I forgot how easily offended people are today and after seeing 2 words "switching" and "Prusa" most of them even wouldn't bother to even read the title to the end before turning into "go away!!!" mode. "<->" suppose to be arrows in both ways meaning that I'm switching there and back again depending from model. Maybe I'm already too old for that in my 50-th. For example last one issue are supports to nowhere that cannot be easily removed by support blocking in some models

Unnecessary support near holes.jpg

A4_Towel Holder v5.zip

Edited by VladimirK