Can I use Cura with a Snapmaker A350

Posted · Can I use Cura with a Snapmaker A350

If I open Cura and click to add a new printer and check the list under "Add a non-networked printer" there's a row for Snapmaker, where Snapmaker 2 A150/250/350 is available when you expand it. So you should be able to use it with Cura since there are profiles for it made by Ultimaker.

Since the Snapmaker has a WIFI connection you might be able to just connect the printer to your computer and go to "Settings > Printer > Add a printer" in Cura and see if it appears in the list. If not you can add it manually like I described above.

3 hours ago, 43915 said:

So you should be able to use it with Cura since there are profiles for it made by Ultimaker.

Just a small note, these configurations are provided by the community, not by Ultimaker. Ultimaker can't test all the hundreds of different printer models. Every user can add new printers, or add improvements to existing printers, on Github.

I figured that since it says "Ultimaker" as author on the Snapmaker profiles they were made by Ultimaker, especially since most of the other profiles have other authors.

My bad!

Posted (edited) · Can I use Cura with a Snapmaker A350
    41 minutes ago, 43915 said:

I figured that since it says "Ultimaker" as author on the Snapmaker profiles they were made by Ultimaker, especially since most of the other profiles have other authors.

My bad!

Ah, it's probably because the real author didn't define an author for the profiles, so it inherited the default (which is Ultimaker)

Edited by nallath

That makes sense, thank you for explaining it!

I also found some profiles that probably copied data from Ultimaker profiles, so I changed the authors to be listed as "Unknown" in those cases. Thanks for reporting it 🙂

There was a SnapMaker post yesterday over on Github.  There is an error in the base Snapmaker definition file "snapmaker2.def.json" that affects your StartUp G-Code.

Click on your printer name and "manage printers" and then "machine settings".  Within your Startup Gcode are four temperature lines with Cura Keywords inside curly brackets.

"{material_bed_temperature}" and

"{material_print_temperature}". 

Those are wrong.  They should say:

"{material_bed_temperature_layer_0}"

"{material_print_temperature_layer_0}"

Without the "_layer_0" portion, if you use different initial layer temperatures for the bed and/or hot end they get ignored.  (The underscore characters are required.)

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1

I have been successfully using Cura with my Snapmaker 2.0 A350 for some time. At first I defined a new printer myself using some Start G-code and End G-code that I found online, but recently discovered that Snapmaker 2 appears in the new printers list. That also works well for me.

I simply generate the G-code, save it to disk, then use Snapmaker's Luban software to open the G-code file and transmit it over Wi-Fi to the printer.

Hope that helps

I had been printing using CURA generated gcode in Snapmaker for years but now when I try, the outsides of the body print successfully but the internal parts frequently do not. Here is a very simple stl, a gcode file from CURA from which the hole in the center does not print and a gcode file from Snapmaker's slicer LUBAN, which does.

Laser Apature Disc v2 LUBAN.gcode Laser Apature Disc v2.stl S2A_Laser Apature Disc v2.gcode

Cura adds some of the settings overrides to the end of a gcode file.  This is in there:

"meshfix_union_all_remove_holes = True"

So go to the Mesh Fixes section and turn off "Remove All Holes".  That setting likely doesn't exist in Luban.

Starting with 5.0 (I think) the Spiralize code was changed.  When you select Spiralize now it turns on "Remove All Holes" so if you didn't turn it on maybe that's what did it.

Here I've used the "Per Model Settings" and enabled "Remove all Holes" on the left model.

image.thumb.png.3f763ad01483ffb98441606417c1688a.png

Edited by GregValiant