Ultimaker Cura 4.12.1

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.12.1

Hi all,

Today we have a patch release for Ultimaker Cura 4.12! Ultimaker Cura 4.12 contained two major bugs that needed to be fixed immediately. Many thanks to the community for reporting these issues.

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

Updated Shapely to version 1.8.0
Which, among other things, fixes multiplying objects on MacOS Montery

Lighting infill was printed multiple times

We have fixed a bug where lighting infill was printed multiple times under certain circumstances.

You can download Ultimaker Cura 4.12.1 now!

Let us know your feedback here in the comments or on Github.

• Like 3

I was still using 4.11 and just noticed that multiplying objects wasn't working any more. I intended to drop you a note about this minor issue in the forum and bang - there's already a fix available! Wow, that was quick!

Great job! Thanks a lot for the continous improvement of Ultimaker Cura.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, fvrmr said:

Hi all,

Today we have a patch release for Ultimaker Cura 4.12! Ultimaker Cura 4.12 contained two major bugs that needed to be fixed immediately. Many thanks to the community for reporting these issues.

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

We have fixed a bug where lighting infill was printed multiple times under certain circumstances.

I believe there is a bug with exporting models to gcode. When finishing layer and starting new one movement over x axis is duplicated. I managed to record a video where you can clearly see how layer position has shifted. 

CC32E5016A4B_20211120132323185.zip

Can't open the download in fully updated Linux Ubuntu system.

{ Invalid url:'/home/pete/Cura-4.9-beta' given, exiting

No '.' in the uri }

Hope this was the right place to post this, and thanking in advance any assistance. 🙂

cheapo

Hi,

Tested Cura 4.12.1 and see a difference with Cura 4.11 during Travel,

I think that the Combing Mode don't work in Cura 4.12.

See the difference between the 2 images i post.

4.12 in dark

197980474_cura4_12.1.thumb.PNG.de418dc4451484fd02d0aba9b82f191e.PNG2048315743_Cura4_11.thumb.PNG.341a4fc58433d049c9f77db1ab0f9f74.PNG

Best regards.

gave it a try and it sems that the solidworks plugin is not working when launched via solidworks any more. always shows an error indicatind a damaged or corrupt SW file. When opening directly in cura, the same happens...

uninstalled and back on 4.11, everything is working as intended...

On 11/18/2021 at 5:51 PM, fvrmr said:

Hi all,

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

When switching to version 4.12.1, I noticed that there are problems with the Combing mode. Previously, this option worked better and did not create empty shuffles.

Layer pattern Zig Zag adds empty movements.

Combing mode should be left as before or reworked.

You can try when you disable "Monotonic Top/Bottom Order" if get what you expect. 

Hi all,

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

Unexpected perimeter crossing without retraction. Consider the outer perimeter.

2021-11-30_134930.jpg

Hi all,

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

I have a problem with bridges

2021-11-30_145230.jpg

On 11/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, drayson said:

gave it a try and it sems that the solidworks plugin is not working when launched via solidworks any more. always shows an error indicatind a damaged or corrupt SW file. When opening directly in cura, the same happens...

uninstalled and back on 4.11, everything is working as intended...

Found a temporary solution starting Cura under admin mode. It seems there is an authorization problem when Cura tries to acess SolidWorks files. This problem was NOT present in v4.11.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or something not fully implemented, but the z-offset setting is not accepting a negative value, regardless of what its tooltip says "A negative value 'squishes' ... etc.".

A negative z-offset could be very useful for printers with UBL autoleveling and BlTouch feature installed. It could be the adjustment distance between the theoretical zero (supplied by BlTouch action) and the nozzle tip.

Any comments?

Cura v4.12.1 bug.jpg

A negative value for the z-offset can be max your configured layer height, otherwise you would push the nozzle into the build plate. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.12.1

Sorry, don't understand. That is precisely the effect I want to achieve, lower the nozze tip under the theoretical zero coordinate (remember the printer card works on theoretical spatial positions).

Printer homes z-axis with the help of either the axis end switch, or in my case the BlTouch reported "touch" position ... that hapens to be 2.05mm BELOW the nozzle. That distance depends only on the support adapter where the BLT is mounted.

Edited by alvgon

The Z Offset setting is provided by a plugin (created by me), not by Cura 4.12. From the readme of that plugin:

The Z Offset can never be lower than the negative of the Initial Layer Height. That would result in a negative Z value, which at best would be caught by the firmware and result in an error during printing, and at worst would lead to the nozzle being pushed into the build plate, damaging the printer. So with an Initial Layer Height of 0.25, the Z Offset is limited to be -0.25 or higher.

Thanks ahoeben ... didn't see the readme ... my bad.

Ok, then my idea won't work.

The problem is that when BlTouch is in place, the bed level will be always below the nozzle. That offset can be setup in firmware, but could be very usefol if it could be tweaked for eveery slice.

Then do a rough offset in the firmware (say -2.0 mm), and fine adjustment using the plugin (say -0.06 mm).

• Like 1

Please enable it on OSX 10.13 High Sierra.
    It works fine on Kubuntu 21.10 in the same iMac's Varial Box.
    I want to avoid wasting resources.

4 minutes ago, comopy said:

Please enable it on OSX 10.13 High Sierra.

What do you mean by "it"?

Hey team,

Since the 4.12 & 4.12.1 has been installed on my machine (Mac) I cannot select my model and it doesn't let me use the icon on the left on side. 

Do you guys have faced the same issues? What solutions did you come up why?

Cheers

@BOULBA, if you have multiple displays, you could try to uncheck the option to "Restore window position on start" in the General preferences in Cura. Then restart Cura.

8 hours ago, ahoeben said:

@BOULBA, if you have multiple displays, you could try to uncheck the option to "Restore window position on start" in the General preferences in Cura. Then restart Cura.

Thanks Ahoeben!

It works. 

Really appreciate your support!

• Like 1

I have 4.12.1 and after I slice the model when I try to preview the sliced model it crashes. Attached pic of error.

Greg

Cura error.PNG