Cura 4.13.1 won't start

Mistercookie

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.13.1 won't start

Cura was working normally for a while, I installed it at 4.9, one day I started cura for it to be stuck at "Loading UI", after that, cura doesn't respond. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. I have a big printing project to do so I need help as fast as possible. 

Edited by Mistercookie
Accidently put Windows 19 instead of Windows 10.

Posted · Cura 4.13.1 won't start

Where are the log files at? This has become a nuissance for myself and a lot of others the past few days. Like why does it all of a sudden quit working?

I will gladly give you these files so i can fix this headache of an app 

log file location
    On my windows10 computer it is here: C:\Users\gr5\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.8
    On linux is here:   /home/gr5/.local/share/cura/master

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows)

, or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log

$USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (OSX)

$USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (Ubuntu/Linux)

My guess is that it's probably this issue: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021547679-Why-is-Ultimaker-Cura-not-displaying-on-my-external-monitor-

If you remove your preferences file and make sure that this setting is disabled, it should work again.

11 hours ago, nallath said:

My guess is that it's probably this issue: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021547679-Why-is-Ultimaker-Cura-not-displaying-on-my-external-monitor-

If you remove your preferences file and make sure that this setting is disabled, it should work again.

Sorry, can you explain this in more detail? I don't really understand what you mean.

Did you click the link and read all the detailed instructions?

Do you have a second monitor?

Did you disconnect that monitor temporarily to see if that was the issue?

Then did you uncheck the recommended box before connecting up a second monitor?

If you have or once had dual monitors then try deleting the file "cura.cfg" which stores the preferences that nallath was talking about.  It's in the same folder as the cura.log file.  Or you can just delete these 2 parameters:

window_width

window_left

For example, if "window_left" is more than the width of your monitor then cura could be off to the right, therefore invisible.

Or you can add this parameter:

restore_window_geometry = False

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Cura won't even start, it gets stuck on 'Loading UI'

We do understand and the things that we posted are the solution for that.

12 hours ago, nallath said:

We do understand and the things that we posted are the solution for that.

Could you explain how I can get to the preferences menu. I'm confused because cura doesn't even open. 

Ok, so cura just decided to work again. I opened my computer and there were 4 instances open.

• Like 1

That is further proof that computers are not an exact science.

I'm confused because cura doesn't even open. 

Sometimes a program is running even though you can't see it.  That's what the discussion was about, editing the preferences file, to make cura visible when it launches.