fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0

ahoeben

Posted · fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0

This seems to have been an exercise in how to feel like an idiot online! 

- i was playing around with getting the Anycubic Kobra to print a little better and was using a modified S5 profile with the Kobra print dimension overlay. 

You are correct - i just activated The generic Kobra and BAM, Works. 

another problem solved! 

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Aldo,

I'm new to Cura and 3D printing, I think this is awesome! Owning an Ender 3 Max.

Does any of your plugins support sending the extruder to the topmost Z axis position while printer is idle? This functionality would be useful when replacing the extruder nozzle, cleaning a clogged nozzle, or changing the filament.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · fieldOfView plugins for Cura 5.0
    13 hours ago, lcocea said:

Does any of your plugins support sending the extruder to the topmost Z axis position while printer is idle?

No.

You could amend your end gcode to move the extruder to the top, if it does not do that already. But generally Cura does not detect if a printer connected via USB is "idle". Printing via USB is "deprecated" in Cura. The functionality is no longer being developed by Ultimaker, because Ultimaker printers don't use printing over a USB cable. I recommend disabling the USB Printing support in Cura altogether and using OctoPrint (and my OctoPrint Connection plugin) instead. OctoPrint has much more functionality for printing via USB.

Edited by ahoeben

• 3 months later...

I have been using the Sidebar GUI since it was published.  It is a great add-in.  When I upgraded to 5.2.1, one the add-in was released I Installed it and it worked fine.  About a month ago, Cura became so slow to do anything it was unusable.  It would boot normally but when I clicked on any button it would basically take over a minute to process a command.  I had no idea why and I finally started removing plug ins.  Once I removed Sidebar Gui Cura stated responding normally.  I recently reinstalled it to see if it would work but I got the same result and had to uninstall it again.  In researching this I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem.  Anyone have any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it.

There are more people affected by that issue, @jadoglio, see fieldOfView/Cura-SidebarGUIPlugin/issues/29 and prior to that fieldOfView/Cura-SidebarGUIPlugin/issues/24.

Unfortunately I have sofar been unable to really reproduce the issue, which makes it very hard to start to do something about it.

Thanks for the quick reply and links.  After reviewing the links I remembered I installed Power Toys about the time the problem happened. I had not made a connection before that.  I turned off Fancy Zones, rebooted, started Cura, installed Sidebar GUI and everything worked as it is supposed to.  There was definately a conflict with the Fancy Zone app for sure.  Thanks again.

One other note.  I probably did not need to reboot.  I just turned Fancy Zones on and Cura stopped responding.  Then I turned it off and everything responded as normal.  Power Toys v.0.65.0

Edited by jadoglio

Thanks for confirming that fancyzones is still an issue. Not everybody who is experiencing the issue uses fancyzones, but it may give me a way to reproduce the issue and find an underlying cause.

Hello @ahoeben.

I've installed Cura 5.3 and would like to load SidebarGUI.  Is there a package available?

Edited by GregValiant