mekkeyz

Posted · Flow rate

Hello, I have a anycubic i3 mega printer with included firmware, im not planning on changing it, because it works fine in my opinion and im too scared to do it. Recently ive changed my extruder to a aliexpress version of titan and it requires more steps from the motor to make for the same fillament ammount to extrude. Im not quite sure if theres any other way to change it in cura but i just increased the flow and it works fine, but it affects the preview and the estimated cost and fillament usage which is quite annoying. Is there any other way to change it in cura?

Posted · Flow rate

So you changed your hardware, but you are afraid to change the firmware to match your new hardware setup, and now you are abusing a feature in Cura to compensate for your printer being misconfigured, and you are surprised that the visualisation of what you are doing is wrong?

You could put an M221 command in your start gcode. That way Cura doesn't really know or care that you want your flow rate at a strange value. But you should really fix your firmware to match your hardware.

• Like 3

Posted · Flow rate

The firmware setting is M92.  You really need to calibrate your E-steps to get it right but if the extruder came with a suggested setting you could start with that.  If it didn't - then there are a lot of how-to videos on doing the calibration.  There should be a menu item on your LCD as well.  It isn't a difficult task.

As AHoeben says, you need to fix the problem and not just put a patch over it.

• Like 1