Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
maartenw

Parameters in start.gcode

in Cura (14.01) the default start.gcode is:

;Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}

;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}

;Print time: {print_time}

;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g

;Filament cost: {filament_cost}

This results in a start of the generated gcode:

;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 13.12

M109 T0 S220.000000

T0

;Sliced at: Mon 10-02-2014 00:50:32

;Basic settings: Layer height: 0.1 Walls: 0.8 Fill: 30

;Print time: #P_TIME#

;Filament used: #F_AMNT#m #F_WGHT#g

;Filament cost: #F_COST#

Would it be possible to get the correct figures for {print_time}, {filament_amount} and many other settings - also those not shown in the default start.gcode?

I would like to include the Basic, Advanced and Expert settings in the gcode file.

I also recognized this issue a while ago and already asked Daid about it.

From my point of view this info lines are very helpfull as I store all my gcodes. When there´s a need to printing them it´s nice to just to open the file in editor instead loading it into cura and can see how long the print app. takes - or if you sell the prints, how much it costs...

You mention to import the values, but howto?

In cura do "file" "import profile from gcode". Something like that.

Pretty much all settings that can be found in an ini file ("file" "save profile") can be placed in the start.gcode section.

So you could save all the settings you care about at the top of the file. That's actually a really cool idea. I don't recommend putting all 100 or so settings there - but the ones you have ever changed would be good.