What is this part called and where do I buy a new one??

Collodi_Knives

Posted · What is this part called and where do I buy a new one??

Hey all, I'm a long time admirer of 3d printing and have been dabbling in 3D design for a couple years now. I was just given this old(er) Ultimaker 2 and was happy to see that it basically started right up after being used a few times and shelved. 

I noticed this top piece of the extrusion head had some cracks and obvious damage, but it was hard not to try and print something. After a total of maybe 3 hours of printing since I received this printer it finally broke, obviously 75% into a print lol!

Just wondering if anyone knows what its called, where I can get a replacement and perhaps some detailed diagrams of the entire machine so I can correctly identify parts on my own!

Gonna try to use some plastic welding glue to see if I can get some temporary use out of the machine!

Looking forward to exploring the collective knowledge here in the Ultimaker Community!!

RenderedImage.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

@gr5 to the rescue! 🚑 That's a great suggestion. 

If you are not in a position to print the part you need. I suggest to start a hardware enquiry, you'll be directed to our resellers who have access to spare parts and can help you out.

You can put in a ticket here: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000516360

It looks like he's in the USA so he could just contact support@fbrc8.com to get a price quote. 

I'ts probably very cheap.  fbrc8 doesn't sell Ultimaker printers but they have all the parts because they assemble all the UM printers in the USA including yours.  They will probably want your serial number as well so if you do email them, include that just to save time.

• Like 1

After opening up the mother board panel and carefully labeling and unplugging the wire harness for all the nozzle wires and cables, I was able to reattach my repaired and reinforced upper nozzle piece. I will print another one while the apparatus is functioning.

I used a slim piece of G10 ( I'm a knife maker and I had plenty laying around) to give some extra support to the repaired piece. The 3M scotchweld plastic and rubber glue is quite strong but I didn't want to risk it!

Thanks for the support all!

image.thumb.jpeg.91567c2ac07fa668e3387ff91897b778.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpg

• Like 1

my UM2+ requires the top and bottom aluminum  plates to be spaced exactly 16.90 mm apart.  it came with a plastic spacer as original accessory to facilitate the adjustment. goal is to have back two vertical screws tightened, but front screws just tightened enough to get spacing of the aluminum plates correct, i.e., in parallel.

hth.

UM2+_spacer.png

• Like 3

That's for the UM2+.  He has UM2 "regular".  You can tell by the angle of the side fans.  UM2+ fans are horizontal.  UM2 fans are tilted.  But @Porkpie this is fantastic information.  I saved a link to your post above as I will likely need this again.

It occurs to me - that doesn't help one to know how much to rotate that round nut (with the holes in it).  That also can set the tension on the white teflon part.

• Like 1