Unknown build plate type

Jose77
Go to solution Solved by MariMakes,

Posted · Unknown build plate type

Hi @Jose77,

Welcome in here.

The model you're trying to print is sliced for another printer than the S5 (I'll see there are two doors).

The object you are trying to print need to be sliced for the UM S5, to be accepted by the printer.

Thanks

Torgeir

• 3 weeks later...

@Jose77, I had the same issue.  Check if you are using the latest Cura software (5.2/5.2.1) and if so revert to an older version.  I randomly picked 4.12 and the conflict "unknown build plate type" was gone. 

Link below to help make easier.:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/4.12.0

Hope this helps.

KayVo

Hey all,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Cura Github 🚀 

This seems to be the result of a change in Cura introduced in Cura 5.2.1.

This line has been removed from the start gcode: BUILD_PLATE_TYPE:glass
    image.thumb.png.31225bed2774465723be020308fd790a.png

This was removed in an effort to clean up old code, since the functionality is no longer used. 
    The warning is harmless and can be ignored and shouldn't block you to start your printjob. 
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused, we are working on a solution that the warning doesn't pop-up anymore. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where do have to Type in this Line?

In my Cura there is nothing wrote in the Start G-code. Do i have to type the Code "Build_plate.Type:Glass" in the Field below "Start G-Code"

image.thumb.png.ccdeadfbd7be6bfba49a8cefb78efef3.png

Hey @MBZF,

This line needs to be added to the HEADER, that something that happends in the back-end.
    You cannot add it in the start gcode it will not end up in the Header. 

It's a harmless conflict and should be resolved with the next firmware update.

If you really want to do this you can edit the .gcode file before you bring it to the printer. 
    If you have a UFP you can click your Right mouse button | 7-zip | Open Archive | 3D | models.gcode

• Like 2