Experimental - Auto Temperature

greens83

Posted · Experimental - Auto Temperature

Hello, Ultilegends,

I recently came across a setting (in the setting visibility window) called 'Auto Temperature'. The info pop out says it will automatically adjust temp based on flow. Sounds very useful!

However, I can't get it to actually show up in the print settings even though its ticked. Does anyone know why this could be? I'm using a UM2+

Thanks in advance for any info

UM2 series printers are a special case where you control temp on the printer under the material settings.  On the printer itself in it's little menu screen.  To be able to control temp in Cura for a UM2 you have to make some changes:

Go to left side of screen in PREPARE mode.  Click on your printer, then do "manage printers" then "machine settings".  Now change it from "Ultimaker 2" to "Marlin".  Now you can do all kinds of temperature tweaks.  Other things will change:

filament diameter, bed temp, flow rate, fan speed settings are now all controlled in cura only.

If previously you had one gcode program for PLA and Nylon prints, now you will have to slice those separately.  Different slice for each material type.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I thought it might have something to do with the temp being controlled at the printer. However, I also have a CR10 which lets cura control the temp but the 'auto temperature' option still isn't available.

I can't find any info on that 'auto temperature' option either. Does anyone have any experience using it? It sounds like a very useful feature to automatically change the temp based on flow rate per layer.

• 1 month later...

Hey @Florianrecktenwald,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Sorry it took us a while to get back to you. 

I've discussed the setting with the Team and they mentioned that it was implemented with the best intentions but during testing they saw that in some cases the correction would wildly overshoot by sometimes 40 degrees resulting in very unrealistic and undesirable behavior as @gr5 mentioned. We plan to remove the setting all together to avoid any confusions.

Can you share if there is a problem you want to solve with this setting? Perhaps we can help with resolving it.