How to dismantle Material Station

njeester

Posted · How to dismantle Material Station

I have a Material Station with a blocked bowden tube with PVA.

I have tried the advice on the help pages to no avail. There's a blockage to all the tubes deep inside the station (approx 24cm in measured from bay F extruder 2). The material used to try and clear the jam does not appear at the back.

Is it possible to partial dismantle the machine to investigate and fix?

Some advice & instruction would be useful.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same problem, my starting point would be to remove the first ducting box at the back of the station, but it is not clear how this can be done any suggestions please

There's no need to guess.  Ultimaker has very detailed and clear instructions.  Let me go look...

As far as I can tell, both Ultimaker and fbrc8 have taken down the instructions which is a shame.  However your reseller will have the instructions as a pdf.  I've seen the instructions - very detailed.  Lots of pictures. Call your reseller immediately or if for some reason you don't want to talk to them, you can contact Ultimaker.  Phone/email support is free even if your warranty expired.  Start by clicking the 9 dots in the tic-tac-toe grid in the upper right of this page.  Then choose "support" and then the tricky part: click "submit a request" near the top of the page.  That's the part that's hard to find.

I had no end of trouble with PVA material and how it goes so brittle even with the material station. Ended up using some 3rd party BVOH material for disolvable support which was so much better.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:54 AM, mbhsict said:

[…] some 3rd party BVOH material […]

Which material do you use? 🙂

On 4/1/2024 at 7:46 AM, glx said:

Which material do you use? 🙂

We trialed the FormFutura BVOH which worked really well, but have gone with the Ultimaker Breakaway support as a good tradeoff to cut down the time and mess of the soluble support.

• Like 2