Wall issue?

PTL_Steve
Go to solution Solved by PTL_Steve,

Was using Cura 5 ok and updated to 5.2. Since then I have noted that my prints have fallen off a cliff!  Not sure what settings would cause this issue. I had printed a couple of these boxes ok but this latest one I just hit it and it split in two. I could see the "fault" line in the print and it felt "creaky".  A good hit and it split cleanly. Its like it hasn't joined properly at a layer.

Also I have noted that the walls appear to be individual. they are not joined, either by extrusion or by infill. This has happened on quite a few prints. Just seems to print each one (wall) individually and not squeeze enough to force the lines together. 

I use a Prusa at home and wouldn't be buying an Ultimaker or using Cura myself. Stuck with it at work 😞 so any ideas would be appreciated.  

sp;lit case.jpg

split walls.jpg

Hey @PTL_Steve,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your boxes.

It seems like a bad case of delamination.

That can have a number of causes.
    For me it's often related to material quality. What material are you using and when was the last time it was dried?
    You can find some more tips here:
    https://all3dp.com/2/3d-print-delamination-tips-tricks-to-avoid-layer-separation/

Do you have a project file for us? It contains the printer and settings we need for troubleshooting. 
    To save a project file go to File -> Save project.

Posted (edited) · Wall issue?

Hi @MariMakes Thanks for the reply. I'm using Ultimaker filament and it was dried on the bed for an hour before it was used.  One thing i detest about this printer is that the filament just hangs out the back. Open to dust and moisture 😞

Attached the printer file.  Waaayyyyy to may options in this software. My Prusa slicer was setup months ago and I never change settings and get much better prints from it.  Always found the simpler the better.

UM3E_Case.3mf

Edited by PTL_Steve

Hey @PTL_Steve,

Thanks for sharing the project file.
    I cannot see anything that seems off about your project.
    Other than that the combing settings have changed that introduce more retracted travels and more printing time. 

image.thumb.png.646007649414c498e72d41cb2a0b024b.png

I also noticed that you are not printing with your extruder, and you haven't disabled it, sometimes this will influence things like buildplate temperature to facilitate for the two different materials (your second extruder is PETG Material)

These are the changes that I would do to improve the print quality. 
    MariUM3E_Case.3mf
    image.thumb.png.d591bf5a3ab1141e7747ab6bc89f4fe6.png

Hope this helps

• Solution
    Posted · Wall issue?

hi @MariMakes

Thanks for the post. I've had a play and will try with the default settings for PLA. I switched combing off as i don't like the travel lines it puts down where it drags filament across. 

Printed a benchy and it came out not to bad. A slight deformity on the bow (?) .

Its an expensive printer to experiment with at the cost of filament! And it's slow 😞