Settings template for printing with concrete

mkutvytskyi

Posted · Settings template for printing with concrete

Hello

I would like to know if there are any settings templates for Cura that allow you to generate a G-code for printing with concrete, taking into account the characteristics of this material (density, viscosity, etc.)?

If there are no such templates, then what settings do I need to pay attention to when setting up slicing?

Thank you

I think @LePaul may have printed with concrete.  He works for a university and has printed a full scale boat I think?  But maybe that was metal?  I forget - I have vague memories.  But he has certainly done some major cura hacks. 

He hasn't posted here in a year but I can get you his email if you want.  But try direct messaging him.  He might get that as an email.  Click on his name and go to his profile and message him directly.  I've met him in person and we are facebook friends.

If you do create a profile and/or machine profile it would be nice if you could submit it to the cura team for addition to the printers in the cura list.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Settings template for printing with concrete
    4 hours ago, gr5 said:

I think @LePaul may have printed with concrete.  He works for a university and has printed a full scale boat I think?  But maybe that was metal?  I forget - I have vague memories.  But he has certainly done some major cura hacks. 

He hasn't posted here in a year but I can get you his email if you want.  But try direct messaging him.  He might get that as an email.  Click on his name and go to his profile and message him directly.  I've met him in person and we are facebook friends.

If you do create a profile and/or machine profile it would be nice if you could submit it to the cura team for addition to the printers in the cura list.

Thanks for thinking of me!

No concrete experience, everything we do is polymers.

Our 3D Printed Boat in 2019 was printed in CF-ABS

We just completed a 3D Printed House using bio materials (wood pla variant)

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2022/12/05/umaine-unveils-the-worlds-first-bio-based-3d-printed-house/

In the Concepting Lab I manage, we have 7 Ultimaker S5's, 2 Modix 120X's and we're assembling an modifying a Voron 2.4.  My "hobby'  turned into a full time job.  (Better budget too!)

Edited by LePaul
    • Heart 1

• 1 year later...
    Posted (edited) · Settings template for printing with concrete

It does not make any difference to me. The important thing is that the size of the printer is large with the right settings for the extruder and other things. The material does not make any difference. I will solve the problem, but I want to enlarge the template according to the program. Thank you. @LePaul

Edited by Moh2020

Just now, Moh2020 said:

It does not make any difference to me. The important thing is that the size of the printer is large with the right settings for the extruder and other things. The material does not make any difference. I will solve the problem, but I want to enlarge the template according to the program. Thank you. 

@LePaul

Just now, Moh2020 said:

@LePaul

Can you stop tagging and messaging me?  I won't assist you.  Bye

2 hours ago, LePaul said:

Can you stop tagging and messaging me?  I won't assist you.  Bye

Please let me, @gr5 or @Dustin know if this person continues to contact you despite your clearly indicating you don't want them to and we'll likely take some action against them.

• Like 1
    • Heart 1