Issue between decoupler and feeder

lucagirla
Go to solution Solved by gr5,

Posted · Issue between decoupler and feeder

Hi everyone,

Recently i am having issue between the feeding of filament between material station and printer S5...

Is shot words:

The filament is fed by the material station, the feeder starts to work much earlier the filament is reaching it, therefore the loading process stops earlier. The further the filament goes is 10cm above the feeder.

Seems like there is an issue in communication between the 2 parts. This started to happen when i updated the firmaware of the printer (14/07/2023)

Anyone have any advice?

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-19 093318.png

HI IRobertI

thanks for the reply,

I have already tried this solution, it seems to be working on the first print! However, if i send a second print i have to perform again the calibration...

I was thinking that maybe the decoupler need some cleaning but Ultimaker advice to not open the material station...

Just now, IRobertI said:

I'd start by recalibrating the decouplers and see if that helps. Link to PDF with instructions:
    https://makerbot.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/j0000000HOnW/a/5b000004TwzY/w4vGOQBUczvGtnXmn4be30qA4qSvyCk8i7WV9f0XpSw

4 hours ago, lucagirla said:

Seems like there is an issue in communication between the 2 parts. This started to happen when i updated the firmaware of the printer (14/07/2023)

Anyone have any advice?

Well you could downgrade the firmware.  Most of the updates in the last year seem to be related to Digital Factory so if you don't use DF then you might be better off not upgrading.  Although some of the updates are critical if you have a printer less than a year old: because of parts shortages, some newer printers have differences that require the newer firmwares.

Downgrading the firmware is usually not trivial and requires removing the bottom of the printer and preparing a uSD card.  But your reseller can help you do that.

Sounds like they have feeding issues in the material station itself.

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667337954457
    The guide states PVA filament but it applies to others as well.

If the feeder on the back of the printer is activating too early that means the material isnt advancing fast enough from the material station.

Broken material or debris in the pathways and mergers can cause drag causing the material not to advance as quickly as expected. 

Also as noted.. there really has not been any changes in the last few firmware releases that would be related to this functionality. 

So Dustin how does one fix it if there is broken filament in the bowden tubes of the MS?  Is there a document guiding someone on how to correctly take it apart?

• Solution

Posted (edited) · Issue between decoupler and feeder

Hi there,

this seems to work, right now not having this issue anymore! 

Edited by lucagirla