Impossible to pay for order

Posted · Impossible to pay for order

Hello,

For the last couple of days I have been trying to buy an Ultimaker 2 3D printer and some filament. This hasn't gone smoothly at any point of the payment and support phases.

2 days ago I had my order ready and was ready to pay via my credit card. I chose to pay with my card, entered my information correctly and when clicking the send button I was sent back to the payment options page with the "Payment could not be processed, please check yout information" error. I tried again a couple of times, making sure my information was correct, and the error persisted.

From there I called my bank who assured me there was no problem on their side. My next option was to contact Ultimaker tech support. I typed my message in form the website, marking it as "Critical", and one day later I recieved a reply. Simone, the person who replied to my message, informed me that they could see the credit card errors and encouraged me to use another payment method.

After feeling disappointed that I couldn't use my credit card I was only left with payment via bank transfer. So, I chose the payment method, get redirected to Adyen and from there I click on "International Bank Transfer". This resulted in the exact same error as before. I go back to talking to Simone and I send them a reply saying what my problem is. One day later I recieve a reply saying that I should empty and refill my backet for it to work. Alright, I try that with no positive results.

I send Simone another email stating that this didn't work and that I'm ready to pay directly by bypassing the site payment system somehow. I never got a reply.

At this point I'm really let down by the Ultimaker store and Ultimaker tech support.

I strongly believe in the Ultimaker 2 printer and in the idea of your company and would be extremely unhappy to be forced into buying an inferior product from another company.

I hope Ultimaker helps resolve this issue as soon as possible and as smoothly as possible.

I've poked support for you. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks for the support.

PS: I accidentally reprted your post with my reply. Oops! I wasn't paying attention to the buttons.

can you copy and paste the exact error message you are getting ?

I was given the bank details from ultimaker and was able to do a bank transfer.

I wont give you the details because maybe ultimaker has changes their banking details in the last 2 years.. dont want you to loose your money :-)

But they should be able to give you an invoice with bank details... like any normal company....

Ian

Sounds almost like their website is simply not working at the moment.

I know they are trying to still solve problems with their shopping software.

But ultimaker can still put together an invoice for you as a pdf document .. send it to your email and then you just have to transfer the funds from your bank account.

I got this one time and it worked out perfect :-)

Ian :-)

I'd be happy with an invoice payment.

Edit: Who do I contact for an invoice?

I'd be happy with an invoice payment.

Edit: Who do I contact for an invoice?

Hi NIMT,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties while ordering an Ultimaker 2.

I have send your contact to my colleague from the sales department and she will contact you to help you place and finalize an order.

Thank you for your time and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask!

Hi Sander,

I´m having the same problem as NIMT (I tried to pay with visa, also via paypal and it was imposible).

I would also be glad with an invoice payment, banks transfer or other payment method.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I too am having difficulty with the payment options while attempting to order. We are required to use the Bank Transfer option, but when transferred to the Adyen payment page, we are told "At this moment there are no payment methods available for this combination of amount, currency and account".

Have sent several e-mails and tried calling the Ultimaker sales group this morning... I gave up after about 25 rings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Runde,

Have you been able to complete your order by now?

If you are still having difficulties send me an DM, and I would be happy to help you out!

Hello,

We are getting the same error today when trying to send you the money.We tried using MasterCard and we also checked with the bank and everithing is ok from their point of view. Can you please fix this error?

Later edit : same error using Paypal. Any ideas?

Thank you for your post.

I will get you in touch with my colleague from sales who will be able to offer you alternative payment methods or a workaround the problem.

Thank you for your time!

Greetings all I have the same problem , I want to buy the ultimaker2 with some cartridge refills and had tried the credit card option as well as the bank transfer option with each ending with an error message.

I have also tried to place a ticket to support however I got neither a solution nor an explanation.

Can you please provide me with a solution thank you

On my side I had the same problem when using my credit card,

but it was my credit card company blocking the transation cause they were seeing it as a possible fraud attempt (they called me shortly after to ask me if my card got stolen and if I tried to process this transaction).

I did tho was able to pay via paypal but I think they might not be the best option for currency exchange, but it worked on the first attempt without any issue.

Hi Everybody :

I also have a problem to pay through the adyen Interface,i'am trying to buy an Ultimaker2 from Morocco, where can i get in touch with the sales team to have a bill so i can directly pay through my bank ?, for me it's impossible to pay with international card because of the local regulations.

Regards

Ismail

If you are in North America, buy from MakerShed: http://www.makershed.com/Ultimaker_2_3D_Printer_p/mkum3.htm

However, be aware that purchasing any parts from Ultimaker is another broken process: overpriced, slow, difficult to order, and outrageously costly shipping as the only option. I've been waiting for a week to even try to get a PayPal address from them to pay for a small part, because their pro-forma invoice has no PP address on it. They seem to have no-one in-house who actually has any conception of how to manage a business.

I've been waiting for a week to even try to get a PayPal address from them to pay for a small part, because their pro-forma invoice has no PP address on it.

I paid using bank transfer. After paying, I sent them the payment receipt, but that didn't help - they actually wait for the money to arrive on their account, before shipping the goods.

Prior to my order, I had ordered stuff from Ultimaker for 5000 USD. I was always charged at the time of the order - several weeks before delivery.

Now, when I needed spare parts, they trusted me enough to wait for the money to actually arrive on their account. Of course, my payment receipt could have been forged and maybe I was ready to take the risk of being left without support and further spare parts and consumables. Go figure.

They seem to have no-one in-house who actually has any conception of how to manage a business.

Well said - very sad.