Purple PLA Suppliers

aaron

Posted · Purple PLA Suppliers

Hello there. I have been trying to procure a spool of dark purple PLA... Dark purple as in the Incredible Hulk's shorts (couldn't think of anything else that everyone would know). Anyway, every supplier I have purchased a spool of "purple" from has the picture of the color I want but winds up sending me a lighter, translucent purple. Does anyone know of any sources for solid dark purple PLA?

printbl.com "grape". I used it for these prints. And they are located in USA. And it's a fantastic material to print with. Very very nice.

cell phone case for samsung galaxy S4

underextrusion.jpg

underextrusion2.jpg

The Printbl Grape is the bomb. Some of the best printing filament I've ever used... gone through two spools of it.

The only filament that is better is the Printbl Banana, but the Grape has a cleaner looking color so it's almost a wash...

I have some JustPLA white, but it gets brittle on me. breaks off in the bowden. Won't be buying that again.

If I cut off a length so it's not coming off the spool it usually works ok.

PLA white from printbl??? I have some of that also - not spooled. It works great. I used some yesterday and my white filament is over a year old. Is yours spooled or loose?

Anyone tried Matterhackers?

(Duplicate post)

While I like the DiamondAge PLA, which is monochiral and very hard, I've recently had serious problems due to dirt on the filament in the sealed bags in which I received me coils of white from the US distributor (printbl.com). I've had a series of clogs on my UM2 that are definitely caused by the black specks visible on the white filament inside the sealed bags. (It's not from the extruder - I'm using Robert's, printed in white.)

Further, their US distributor, printbl.com, is offal (sic). They sell PLA only, and typically, currently have only five colors in stock of the 19 listed. They offer white and ivory only in coils, although DiamondAge manufactures several sizes of spool (and also offers ABS). To top it off, the printbl.com web site hasn't changed a word in almost two years, and the site has been off the air frequently. It is difficult to tell whether they are really still in business.

Bottom line is that unless and until DiamondAge finds a new U.S. distributor, I cannot recommend the DiamondAge filament, unless you want to pay double to cover International shipping direct from New Zealand.

As supplier of both ABS and PLA, I can enthusiastically recommend Protoparadigm.com. Good service, good prices, and I've never had an issue with their filament. Ultimachine.com also offers good filament in ABS and PLA, and good service, and has truly White PLA, which Protoparadigm doesn't sell for some reason.

printbl is off my list for good.