No reaction from Ultimaker with heated bed.

Posted · No reaction from Ultimaker with heated bed.

Read almost all the of the heated bed topics but didn't find an answer...

I'm running Cura 14.01,

Repeated first run wizard,

Did also the [Machine settings], [Heated bed] option,

In Cura [Heated temperature] 55ºC

Soldered a 4K7 resistor to the board on R4, (measured with my Fluke if it makes descent contact) and if it still is 4K7 Ohm.

I sliced an object with the heated bed options on.

I don't get an indication of the heated bed temperature on my ulticontroller.

What am I doing wrong or where should I look? Anyone?

Tnxx, Boy

Hey Robert,

I did try. Although the program indicated there was no update for my configuration. Shouldn't it already ready for the HB in 14.01??

Good point though, I'll upgrade to the latest version too.

To be continued...

The firmware included in cura doesn't include the options for a heated bed so you need to build a custom firmware that includes it and then do a manual install of that in cura via Machine -> Install custom firmware... That will open up a dialog where you can choose the custom firmware you created on the site I linked.

There are many options to turn on and off when you build Marlin. The version number is not related to what features are supported (such as heated bed).

You can go here to build a custom firmware easily

:-D

Tnxx for filling my weekend with things I didn't planned to do.......:-D

Luckily we had some extra days this weekend, love to dig into it, but there are too many questions too answer for now. I have two workshops in our fablab to prepare, I need to translate several pages from a manual for someone who doesn' t read English and a very busy week at work ahead.

I will go the whole ten yards, but working for my boss, assisting and leading workshops at the lab and two hours traveling time a day, fills my week with 70-80 hours at the moment. So for now i'll have to find someone who is willing to do it for me.

Building your own firmware with the site Robert linked above is very easy!

Select the following:

Template: Ultimaker

Coose options: Basic Ultimaker + Heated bed: (100k, relay) + Ulticontroller

Now, if your Ultimaker is all Original except for the heated bed (no direct drive mod, standard extruder drive, no dual extrusion, standard printhead with standard thermocouple sensor), and your heated bed uses a 100k thermistor (doesn't matter much which one), then you do not have to change any more settings.

Just scroll down and click "build".

You'll get a summary page with download options. Select "All of it as a ZIP" and save it to your harddisk. Then unzip it and start Cura.

In Cura, select:

Machine -> Install custom firmware...

Select the folder where you put your custom firmware and select the "Marlin.hex" file.

Cura will install your custom firmware and you should be ready to go!

Ok Johnny,

I'm on the track and downloaded it without bothering the questions in my head:-)

Can't wait to try, tnxx for your input.

:cool: Tnxx guys...

Indeed, piece of cake. Wrong NTC, but that's no problem (10K instead of 100K) new ones are on the way as we speak...

Ultimaker HeatedBed