UM2 Housing

Posted · UM2 Housing

My Ultimaker Housing isn't aligned properly, one of the feet is 3mm of the table.

At fist I thought it was the table, but turned out it's UM2 itself.

Wouldn't be bothered if it was just a little bit but 3mm seems quite a lot, and once completely lowered, the bed rests on one side of the bottom of the housing.

I tried to loosen the bolts and realign the plates that make up the housing but no succes so far, as they seem to be interlocked pretty strong.

What's the best plan? Take off the sides completely?

Posted · UM2 Housing

DHL is very violent when shipping UM2s.

You can probably ignore it - Other people have the same issue yet the printer prints beautifully.

If you must fix it maybe you can loosen all the screws, then put something very heavy on the top for 24 hours and then retighten. Not sure if that will help.

Posted · UM2 Housing

Hello

I just received my UM2 and I have exactly same issue. I have made so much parts with CNC machines that I bet this is a design flaw or something has happened to cutting programs. Right front corner is higher than others but all the panels are nicely aligned to each other.

Ilkka

Posted · UM2 Housing

Maybe it's a recent problem, I just received mine about a week ago. Wonder if there're more UM2's with this problem.

Well that was my thought too, CNC machined parts shouldn't deviate that much. That's why I think it's an assembly problem, although I've not measured the panels yet. And it doesn't seem to be a shipping accident. Even with all the bolts loosened, putting a lot of weight on there, there's no movement at all.

But all in all it would mean that the imaginary plane the linear guides are in is a bit twisted

Posted · UM2 Housing

My new UM2 was "bent" as well right out of the transport box.

The height difference seems even larger, it's more like 4-5mm. The Transport box had no visible damage so the UM2 was obviously shipped in this state already. I can not imagine how it could ever pass QC like that.

I received the UM2 10 days ago. Since then i've contacted Support three times. Not a single reply so far. Very strange.

Posted · UM2 Housing

Hi Guys,

It is a known problem due to excessive rough handling by the courier.

We have improved the packaging to bring down this risk to a minimum however they seem to

also improve their rough handling skills..

Please contact our support team so together we can look for a suiting solution!

Thanks! :)

Posted · UM2 Housing

My new UM2 was "bent" as well right out of the transport box.

The height difference seems even larger, it's more like 4-5mm. The Transport box had no visible damage so the UM2 was obviously shipped in this state already. I can not imagine how it could ever pass QC like that.

I received the UM2 10 days ago. Since then i've contacted Support three times. Not a single reply so far. Very strange.

Can you share your ticketID with me? Thanks!

Posted · UM2 Housing

The Transport box had no visible damage

Mine had a hole large enough to put my arm into up to my shoulder. Fortunately the printer was fine and nothing was missing.

Even without visible damage if they compress it a bit by squeezing two opposite corners of the box they can still damage the printer without damaging the box. DHL and FedEx are good at squeezing the box into curved airplane holds in such a way that the printer is damaged without any noticable damage to the box.

I can not imagine how it could ever pass QC like that.

Exactly. That's why it's most likely the shipper.

Posted · UM2 Housing

Hello

Have to say that the real problem in my case was actually the table....I was confident that it is dead flat but it is not. So, nothing wrong with my printer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Posted · UM2 Housing

...and - new Highscore

4-20.jpg

video