UM1 Circuit Board Fan sounds like a banshee

dnw1710

Posted · UM1 Circuit Board Fan sounds like a banshee

I think it's trying to kill me :-)

Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? 9/10 times when I turn the UM1 on the fan is super noisy and, on the occasions that it's not loud enough to make me turn it off or tap it a few times, it's still pretty noisy anyway.

Any tips?

Cheers,

Dan

Peel off the sticker and add a drop of oil. If that doesn't fix it order a new one. There are several suggested replacement fans on this forum somewhere. Check the voltage (is it 12V? 19V?) first before ordering a new one.

Same here now, it is super loud for like 2 minutes(next door loud), and then it quites down occasionally making a little more noise.

I'll try the oil thing, but what if the sticker doesn't stick anymore :O ?

I'll try the oil thing, but what if the sticker doesn't stick anymore :O ?

No experience with my UM fan (although it starts doing some noise as well), but I have done it at least a dozen of time on the fan of my RC power supply, and I still can put the sticker back.

But it will work without sticker ;) (You can always glue it back if you absolutely want to keep a sticker...)