Parts is missing when changed to layers

nimbus

Posted · Parts is missing when changed to layers

Try the 'cut off' option in the advanced tab. Either the structures are indeed not on the same height or a numerical uncertainty has caused the effect. In the first case, cut off the necessary amount, in the second case, cut off something like 0.01mm.

Option 3 :)

Are the missing walls smaller than the set wall thickness?

Looking thin, no reading glasses around, but I think I read wall thickness 1.5 in Your screenshot.

Give it a Try with a 0.5mm wall and see if it helps.

You can Use more infill for strength troughout the part

Thanks for reply!

Option no 3 worked! , to have smaller wall thickness than the rib. But I want to have thicker walls..

I want to avoid more infill cause I will do a lot of this parts and as it is now it will take over 20hours

Thanks for reply!

Option no 3 worked! , to have smaller wall thickness than the rib. But I want to have thicker walls..

I want to avoid more infill cause I will do a lot of this parts and as it is now it will take over 20hours

Euhmm Option 4.. :idea:

I made myself a test piece once. starting with Ribs of 1mm, down to 0.2.

As I recall Strange things happening In Cura. You might be lucky, adding a tenth of a mm. It might show the Ribs when you set a thickness of ex. 1.9mm. It might show the lines in cura, but no guarantee if and how it prints :shock: .

Option 5,

Leave out the Rib and Use Glue?

Thank´s, as I print in Abs it´s a little tricky to get it to stick and specially this little piece sticking out, thats why I addded these ribs. I tested with a flat 0.3mm surface under the piece sticking out but thats also not visible in layer display

You could use some raft (you can define the size yourself), if you're having issues getting it to stick.

I added 0.2mm to the rib and it went well :-) Tanks !