Ulti-evening 22nd of December 2014

SandervG

Posted · Ulti-evening 22nd of December 2014

Hi Everyone,

Soon it is time for the next Ulti-evening.

Note: Due to holidays it is scheduled 1 week earlier.

We want to keep the interactive part as the core of the ulti-evening.

In that regard we will do a.. Christmas edition!

We will explain how to do auto-prints and what is important to know.

An auto-print is a print where the Ultimaker prints 1 model and when it is finished the head pushes it off automatically and starts a new one. This way you have your own little factory!

Together we will make some jolly Christmas carols.

We will bring an Ultimaker Original with a wider nozzle for the ornaments and some translucent materials for christmas lights.

Some more practical information about upcoming Ulti-evening:

Date: 22-12-2014

Time: 17.00 - 22.00

17.00 - 18.00 Arrival (bring your Ultimaker) and order food if you are hungry.

18.00 - 18.30 Short introduction.

18.30 - 22.00 Hacking & printing time!

Looking forward seeing you there!

gezellig!

denk je dat er nu de miogelijkheid is om spare parts daar op locatie aan te schaffen? ik brand nog steeds PTFE couplers weg bij het leven.. en om nu 15 euro shipping te betalen..

I'm looking forward to it :D There are some *pending* upgrades waiting for my sweet UMO. And auto-printing is something I would really like to experiment with! (I'll also bring a spare nozzle to drill out on the side)

gezellig!

denk je dat er nu de miogelijkheid is om spare parts daar op locatie aan te schaffen? ik brand nog steeds PTFE couplers weg bij het leven.. en om nu 15 euro shipping te betalen..

Hi Korneel,

Since this is the english section of the forum, would you mind replying in English?

Thanks!

sorry; my Dutch part got the better of me :) the question was if it would be psosible for you to bring spare parts that are for sale on the UltiEvening.. a lot of people (including me) would need spare parts such as PTFE couplers (i know i do!) and this would be a very good an community friendly way of Ultimaker to help the community without charging the high shipping costs.

we understand the gesture would be greatly appreciated, but so far we have been limited to what is possible logistic wise.

We can not accept cash, you can order online but our support team would have to create all orders because you can not exclude shipping (and they are already very busy). And what if someone, for whatever reason, doesn't show?

We have to change to order, make an additional payment for shipping etc.

Long story short, a lot of work.

I know, it sounds very easy.

When we find a workable angle we will certainly include this.

I'll try to be there early as I want to hack some stuff on my UMO before the real stuff starts :) Current to do list :p

Add new fan(+ new shrouds)

Add leds

Decouple extruder for damping

Drill out nozzle

Practice swapping nozzles

@Sander, do you happen to have one of those black injectionmold with white and blue lying around?

https://d274pdkuk9fmjq.cloudfront.net/spree/products/224/carousel/SDB7880.jpg?1411184632

@ Clamp, I use it, though I agree with you Sander, but I didn't have the injection mold thingie :( Any one got a spare?

Ask again close an Ulti-evening, I am sure we can find one somewhere.

So how many people want Teflon parts? Then ill just buy a load and sell them to people ;) (because i do accept cash ;))

i want 3.. and a discount..

:p I can offer cookies and other sweet stuff for the injection mold thingie but I don't think I need a teflon part. The UMO one is still not glass filled right?

I've decided to get all spare parts that I can, in case you guys run out of stock... So put me down for one or 2, depending on how much you can get :)

I have some spare printed "improvements" and I'll bring those along.. trade against filament ;)

I am with @blizz, I want to get all spare parts that I can. I want two if it is possible :D

Anyone coming by car from the neighborhood of Rotterdam/The Hague/Delft?

I'm new to the forums (bought an UM2 in second hand yesterday with 260 print hours on it). I'm loving this idea of Ulti-evenings! The only bummer is that it is quite far away (utrecht). I work at "waver" and it is a 2 hour drive to utrecht. But I will try to start working very early so I can leave in time to make it! I will learn allot I think since I'm a new UM user. (printed for over a year with a velleman k8200).

Are these events always around the end of the month?

They are every 6 weeks, but since this one was a week early, it might be 7 weeks this time :)