Problems with UPET Material....

4dentalrobin

Posted · Problems with UPET Material....

What is the printing temp? 250°c works for me

0.3 Layers is big, it should be ok but in most cases i ,don't go over 0.2 layers.

You might be experiencing underextrusion because of this 0.3 and 50mm/s

Hi Robin,

This material has high melt strength. That means that you'll have to watch out with retraction heavy prints and print slower in general. I'd say try 40 mm/s @ 0.1mm and work from there.

If you keep having trouble it might be a nozzle clog or your teflon is worn out. Hope this helps!

>i put layer 0.3 because when i do 0.2 there is not coming enough material out off the nozzle

With a 0.3 layer you are asking the printer to output more material, not less, than with a 0.2 layer.

So if you have underextrusion, not enough material at 0.2, it will be worse at 0.3, not better.

Try 0.1, and/or print slower, this might help.

Hello Dear Members off UM2 thanks for the answers.

but i have tested some off the settings like 0.1 and print a bit slower. and made the UM2 settings print speed to 60%

And i made the print speed 40 mm/s.

but still it goes wrong look the picture >

rrt7it.jpg

Best regrads,

Robin

Can you get a nice print with PLA right now, can you try that? The reason I ask is to check if the PET is the problem, or maybe you have a partially clogged nozzle that is causing underextrusion and the problem is not the PET.

Yes i'd say as Personal Drones, Check with PLA or do a couple of http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/10-the to clean the nozzle and then try again

Curious how the robot seems to have turned out fine.

Hello all,

XT have given very good result fo me so far on most of the prints.

Only on a very challenging print when the nozzle has to go from different place very often without printing much in between the retractions make the filament to worn out and flatten down. At one point the filament cannot be driven forward anymore. Actually I tend to increase retraction length to reduce stringing, which may cause the issue.

The best thing to do then is to change the material, unload it, cut the 0.7 m which is corrupted (with indentation marks) and then re-introduce it to start with a "fresh" filament.

It worked perfectly well for me.

May be the pressure on the feeder notched wheel is not correctly adjusted for UPET.

I print at 50 mm/s with 0.1mm layer, 240 deg C, 110% flow.

Regards

Ludovic

The print you are trying to do is a very difficult one, especially on that scale.

If you are still working out the details for printing with UPET, I would suggest you use an easier model with less retraction etc.

With bigger surfaces it is easier for you to detect if you are closing in on the ideal settings.

Im Thinking everyone is right about your extruder being clogged. I was using PLA for quite some time and then switched to UPET, all i had to really change was my temp and a few speed and fan settings and I had no problems.