Ticket system - does it work?

scottfsmith

Posted · Ticket system - does it work?

We are building our UMO+ kit and some key parts are incorrect, namely some pulleys are the wrong internal diameter. I submitted a ticket a few days ago but have not heard anything. How responsive if at all has been the ticket system for you?

Scott

At times they've been 2 weeks but lately I think they are happy that they got it down to 4 days. So I would suspect about 4 days. If you call them during their work hours (M-F, 5am to noon your time) they often answer instantly. Their english is great. Really great. In fact I feel sorry for all those Europeans who don't speak english and call tech support. At least the 2 people I've met (I think they have more now).

For UM2 you get tech support here in USA but for UMO I think it's Netherlands.

Thanks, four days is OK.

I did drill them out but the jig I rigged to hold them on the drill press was a little "under designed" shall we say and they didn't come out perfectly straight. I could do some grinding/shimming and get them to work OK, and might do that if the parts take a long time to show.

Scott

I had exactly the same problem! I was four 8mm bore pulleys short and had 4 5mm bore pulleys too much. I submitted a ticket monday evening (16/2) and got a reply this afternoon (20/2) that the replacement parts would be sent out in the beginning of next week.

Drill out a new kit? Why would you pay for that?

I also just got a reply about the parts. It looks like they had several of us with the same issue.

TinyDancer, the wrong parts were extras and I thought if the drilling worked I could get the printer working quickly instead of waiting for parts. No such luck.

Scott

At times they've been 2 weeks but lately I think they are happy that they got it down to 4 days. So I would suspect about 4 days. If you call them during their work hours (M-F, 5am to noon your time) they often answer instantly. Their english is great. Really great. In fact I feel sorry for all those Europeans who don't speak english and call tech support. At least the 2 people I've met (I think they have more now).

For UM2 you get tech support here in USA but for UMO I think it's Netherlands.

Lol, when I once thought about calling them, I had prepared by looking up some dutch phrases to say hi and explain that I was a dumb american that didn't know any Dutch, but then I couldn't get Skype to work right and never got back around to it. Might have tried harder if I new they spoke English. :(

BTW, IIRC, at one point they said that they answer tickets based on the date of the most recent comment in the ticket, so adding a comment moves you to the back of the line.

Yay for subtitles, it kinda ensures that most Dutch people speak English :)