What's your go-to brand for white PLA?

nailcannon

Posted · What's your go-to brand for white PLA?

If you want filament that does not give you trouble both Colorfabb and Faberdashery seem to be good options. I have no experience with the latter, but the bits of Colorfabb material that I have are quite easy to work with and give really nice results.

I was 100% faberdashery,

But now i get the 20% discount on colorfabb (through 3dhubs) and free shipping for 4 spools it works out to £23 a spool with the nice current exchange rate :smile:

Faberdashery want £30 spool plus shipping....

Diamond Age

Agree with both ColorFabb and Faberdashery, ive only tried the PLAs in ColorFabbs sample pack, would love to get 10m samples of their other PLAs, but all of the Faberdashery filaments have printed very nicely, may see about getting on the 3DHUBs.

diamond Age is amazing stuff. It's my favorite pla. But I no longer know where to get it in usa - no one carries it anymore so you need to ship from the opposite side of the world. Second best is faberdashery but same issue with usa. So I recommend colorfabb through printedsolid.com.

I like protoparadigm pla however they are going through changes and have been out of stock of all 3mm filament for months now. While waiting I ordered 4 spools of colorfab pla and look forward to see how it prints but the price is quite high imo and their spools hold 25% less then protoparidigm plus they charge shipping where proto-p is free. I really hope the market gets more vendors of quality 3mm filament so the prices drop even more but I don't see that happening any time soon in the US.

Colorfab through printed solid $39.00 for 750g plus shipping 5.2 cents per gram. Came in a plastic wraped cardboard box with the spool wraped as well but no desiccant.

Protoparadigm $32.00 1kg free shipping 3.2 cents per gram and came in a heavy sealed bag with desiccants.

I have printed the following pla colors from proto-p with great results on my UM2.

black, dark blue, light blue, silver, yellow, orange, and white. White needed to be printed at 225c to print well at .15 40mms while the others all printed well at cooler temps from 200-215c.

From a budget stand point you can't beat protoparadigm for quality filament if/when they get their 3mm product line back in stock. Although I can not speak for their new line of pla yet. Fingers crossed they get 3mm in stock soon.

Colorfab through printed solid $39.00 for 750g plus shipping 5.2 cents per gram. Came in a plastic wraped cardboard box with the spool wraped as well but no desiccant.

As I understand, they designed their boxes to be a stable environment, so no dessicants would be needed.