Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LePaul

What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

I can point you to the designer, but unfortunately the files are not (yet?) out there..

(It appears that his website is offline for the moment, but the link I gave you now is his side project.)

Didn't mean to derail your office supply topic, lets get back on track! :p

Oooooooh nice @tommyph1208. Do want one for my desk too.

Yeah its nice in the geeky way... :)

This one is printed in two parts (to get details on all sides), glued together, primed with auto-filler, sanded a bit here and there, primed again with paint primer and then hand painted with citadel miniature paint (the stuff you use for tabletop miniatures like warhammer etc.)... Finally its had a layer of gloss varnish, mostly for protection.

Edited by Guest

I think the owl is one of my favorite prints, I printed one at the normal size and down to 2 inches tall to show off the detail the Ultimaker Original can do.

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys" Yikes!

• Like 1

I think the owl is one of my favorite prints, I printed one at the normal size and down to 2 inches tall to show off the detail the Ultimaker Original can do.  

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys"   Yikes!

Same here :) but have you heard that they are printing houses now? :p

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys"   Yikes!

Yeah it's an easy print with awesome results indeed. :)

I got them in pair too ;)

sANOgVe.jpg

• Like 1