What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

LePaul

Posted · What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

I'm relatively new at my job and I think I want to jazz up my office space/desktop.

What are some fun things you have printed to make your work desk more entertaining?

(I was going to print a pen/pencil holder...but I think I want something fancier than just that!)

Posted · What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

I printed a little T-Rex skull to sit on top of my screen:

WP_20151110_001.thumb.jpg.21f07db5f20aeede216f6317dca6423d.jpg

And this gear-cube I often find myself casually fiddling with during small tals and meetings (keeps the hands busy but dosn't distract focus):

WP_20151110_002.thumb.jpg.4b77f5b1177e74cd3a9af7dfd8d62eb4.jpg

WP_20151110_001.thumb.jpg.21f07db5f20aeede216f6317dca6423d.jpg

WP_20151110_002.thumb.jpg.4b77f5b1177e74cd3a9af7dfd8d62eb4.jpg

I can point you to the designer, but unfortunately the files are not (yet?) out there..

(It appears that his website is offline for the moment, but the link I gave you now is his side project.)

Didn't mean to derail your office supply topic, lets get back on track! :p

No derail away! Conversation is always good

Posted (edited) · What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

My latest addition to the office desk - The Companion Cube!

(I work as a Software Engineer for a Game company)WP_20151120_001.thumb.jpg.333bcaa263d1a35f02f5d012ad2a7043.jpg

WP_20151120_001.thumb.jpg.333bcaa263d1a35f02f5d012ad2a7043.jpg

Edited by Guest

Oooooooh nice @tommyph1208. Do want one for my desk too.

Posted (edited) · What work place items have you printed to show off your 3D printing skills?

Oooooooh nice @tommyph1208. Do want one for my desk too.

Yeah its nice in the geeky way... :)

This one is printed in two parts (to get details on all sides), glued together, primed with auto-filler, sanded a bit here and there, primed again with paint primer and then hand painted with citadel miniature paint (the stuff you use for tabletop miniatures like warhammer etc.)... Finally its had a layer of gloss varnish, mostly for protection.

Edited by Guest

This is what we have in my room at work, since my wife asks me to remove the "plastic garbage" as she says, from the home.

The stretchlets and the cuddling cats proved to be the unbeatable presents!

WP_20151123_15_42_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.c01e786b3fdd78c4686f88805a2c2aee.jpg

WP_20151123_15_42_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.c01e786b3fdd78c4686f88805a2c2aee.jpg

Nice @Shurik! :)

My desk at work looks like a toy museum too :D (+10 objects are already in my desk, it was toooo much :D)

gfVz0Y6.jpg

• Like 1

That is a pretty cool lion! Never saw that one before.

Is it available?

I think the owl is one of my favorite prints, I printed one at the normal size and down to 2 inches tall to show off the detail the Ultimaker Original can do.

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys" Yikes!

• Like 1

I think the owl is one of my favorite prints, I printed one at the normal size and down to 2 inches tall to show off the detail the Ultimaker Original can do.  

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys"   Yikes!

Same here :) but have you heard that they are printing houses now? :p

That is a pretty cool lion! Never saw that one before.

Is it available?

Yep yep, you can download it here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:498729 :)

Whenever friends learn I have a 3D printer, the men ask if I can print guns that work...and women inquire about "private toys"   Yikes!

Yeah it's an easy print with awesome results indeed. :)

I got them in pair too ;)

sANOgVe.jpg

• Like 1