Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
OliP

quick removal of prints from the build plate.

when trying to pump out consecutive prints from my printer, i dont have time to wait for the build plate to cool down to get the print off. what is a quick way to cool down the glass plate and remove the print? is there a highly thermally conductive sheet of something i could put in contact with the glass to take away the heat?

i have found that running water over the bottom of the glass cools it quick, but wont this damage the glass?

Get more glass, or get an air duster and hold it upsidedown and spray it at the edges of the model and lightly pull at it so the cold spray leaks/goes underneath of the model. I used to do this all the time as i had super tight deadlines and couldnt wait for the model too cool. but it ruins the glue a bit due to liquifying it. If you dont mind reapplying the glue id do it this way. Or just get a scraper and use the sharp edges to pop it off, if done right you wont damage the model.

Just be carful as dont forget you model will bend irreversebly very easily if you pull at a thin point as it is still warm just after printing finishes.

Edited by Guest