Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LanceLarsen

When is the U2+ "New Material Feeder" going to be available to buy?

Love my U2 Extended -- regretfully bought it right before the U2+ came out -- and the only real frustration with it is the material feeder.

Know I read that the new material feeder was going to be available Jan/Feb time-frame for those of us with U2s -- but haven't heard anything about it -- and don't see it on the pieces we can buy from the re-seller sites.

So -- any word on this would be appreciated -- will buy one in a heartbeat...

Thanks!

//L2

Hi, the extrusion upgrade kit will be available in March.

We mentioned Q1, so the stretch is a little bit longer than Jan- Feb.

With it you'll be able to upgrade your Ultimaker 2 (Extended) into an Ultimaker 2 (Extended) +.

So just a little bit more patience is required, thank you!

Hi, the extrusion upgrade kit will be available in March.

We mentioned Q1, so the stretch is a little bit longer than Jan- Feb.

With it you'll be able to upgrade your Ultimaker 2 (Extended) into an Ultimaker 2 (Extended) +.

So just a little bit more patience is required, thank you!

That  is great...it sounds like that might include the cooling upgrade? ...and will the same work with a regular UM2?

Edited by Guest

395?

Ptfe tft solex 16€

Metal thingy instead of spring 20-40€?

New fan cap 30-50€?

Olsson 95€

Pt100+ 30-50€?

Egeared extruder ??!?

What else makes it a +?

The holes in the wooden backplate from the UM2+ frame are drilled different than the original UM2 to fit the new feeder. So you'll get a wooden plank too for your 393 USD probably. ;)

@neotko: Add all the pieces of the printhead, including bearings, bowden, the new feeder motor etc, as @SandervG said above it is going to be "the entire set from feeder to nozzle."

@frederiekpascal: i am pretty sure there will be an adapter rather than having a end-user having to swap the whole back plate of the printer, since it would be a incredibly much harder process than just supplying a adapter or a template for drilling the extra holes ;)

• Like 1

Hey!! WHY NOONE SAID THIS EARLIER!?

Ok if the x/y are on the pack.....

A umo+ with new printed sideblocks, could use the same friking print area of um2!! Well, even a bit more since the fans can't hit the sides. So an extra mm for umo+

Ok ok... Please @ultimaker why this wasn't explained before!! Omg....

Now I want that pack.... ^o^!

Edited by Guest

@neotko: Yep, with this upgrade kit and my printed adapter (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-printhead-top-for-umo) it would be a almost complete upgrade for a UMO+ (just add a custom printed or plywood piece to mount the feeder, should be easy to design for laser cutting), and if you could get the UM2 slide blocks you would also get some extra print area :-)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1