Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
TimvdVaart

New Ultimaker research on 3D printing viscous materials

Hi All,

We need your opinion in our research on 3D printing viscous materials!

I'm an intern at Ultimaker, and I'm analysing the possibility of 3D printing these pastes. Examples of materials are silicone, conductive material, glaze, clay / ceramic, Nutella and peanut butter. These are examples of many possible types!

Please take a moment to think about viscous materials that are of interest to you. What would you like to make? What will make you enthusiastic? Do you like to print with edible products, or are you more interested in printing conductive paste? It is also possible that there is no need for a 3D printer that can extrude viscous materials.

All information is welcome, and there are no wrong answers.

Click on the following link to help Ultimaker and me with starting a new challenging project for a product that meets your needs:

Edited by SandervG
  • Like 1

Was talking about these issues with a venture capitalist yesterday. The ability to print with chocolate would be extremely interesting. I've seen a chocolate printer which can only really handle two dimensional printing. To be able to print lattice-style structures in chocolate would interest our local hotel and tourist sectors