cura beta software

philgrut

Posted · cura beta software

I have installed the latest beta version for mac. And I found a bug. Opening a obj-file made the 3d print/display zone on the screen disappear. See the attached file.

I use a macbook pro

5a33196b634bd_ScreenShot2016-03-08at18_19_47.thumb.jpg.28f2a20e9b25ec8287b2a83c12afdc59.jpg

5a33196b634bd_ScreenShot2016-03-08at18_19_47.thumb.jpg.28f2a20e9b25ec8287b2a83c12afdc59.jpg

Where exactly did you get this beta version? There are many beta versions and some are more hidden than others. If this is indeed the latest beta version that came out a few days ago I'll pass this bug on to Marrit.

ah, I had already forgotten that gui design.... now I see it again it makes the latest beta look a lot better :)

although the settings are still at the wrong side of the screen ...

Posted (edited) · cura beta software

is version 15.06.03 and I downloaded it from the ultimaker site.

This is a very OLD and unstable version of beta and would recommend that you don't use this version.

Edited by Guest

For those of you who have tested UM software before, it can be found in the usual spot ;)

And although not perfect -hey it's a beta- it's a huge improvement v.s. the previous one. This is the first version I'm actually using...

• Like 1

I just tested this on the latest and it works fine - opened an obj file although I used the win64 version (I don't have a mac). But I suspect this is fixed. I used version 2.0.99-20160304 (5 days ago).

I've already added a handful of fixes since the 4th of March.

I'm currently using the version 2.1.99 PC (64Bit) and I still have the problem, that in the advanced material view I can't see the temperature of the heated bed. I configured an ultimaker original printer with a selfmade heated bed. If I open the configuration panel the box with heated bed temperature is ticked. This was from the very first version of the new cura. Do I do something wrong? Is this bug well known and it is just not important enough to be fixed at the current time? I see a lot of improovemnts, but this problem still occurs in all new versions. It seems for me to be a problem which could be fixed easily. But obvious I'm wrong and this bug (just in case that I don't do something wrong) cause more effort to be fixed.

In the advanced material view I can't see the temperature of the heated bed.

You're not wrong, that was a bug. Should be fixed for next release though :)

When will dual extrusion be supported again?

When will dual extrusion be supported again?

It should work in latest build. It's not officially part of it, so won't do any guarantees how well it works.