Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jpm021990

What's causing this?

First of all it is best to print with 2,85mm. Printing with 3 can cause some trouble. If you want to print with 3mm anyway you should play a bit with your flow rates. Here you can clearly see sometimes it under extrudes and sometimes it over extrudes. You should try a different flow rate, experiment a bit with it. I would try printing with 2,85 filament to try if the problem remains. Also could you give me your layer height print speed and shell thicknesses.

First of all it is best to print with 2,85mm. Printing with 3 can cause some trouble. If you want to print with 3mm anyway you should play a bit with your flow rates. Here you can clearly see sometimes it under extrudes and sometimes it over extrudes. You should try a different flow rate, experiment a bit with it. I would try printing with 2,85 filament to try if the problem remains. Also could you give me your layer height print speed and shell thicknesses.

Sorry I meant 2.85, I'm just always used to saying 3. The colorfabb filament is 2.85 with a very high accuracy of it

Sorry I meant 2.85, I'm just always used to saying 3.  The colorfabb filament is 2.85 with a very high accuracy of it

No problem was just checking. Than i am indeed pretty sure your nozzle is clogged.

It could be but if it was installed properly then it should be fine if its only a couple of weeks old.

What print speeds and layer heights are you trying to print with?

Same thing I've been using for every print the last couple of weeks

0.2 layer height

20% infill

80mm/s

.4mm nozzle

Most 3mm filaments are 2.85mm. Especially from high-end manufacturers like Colorfabb.

Most 3mm filaments are 2.85mm. Especially from high-end manufacturers like Colorfabb.

I realized I said 3mm by accident when it actually really is 2.85

Are you using the same filament (same spool) as when you were getting good prints?

Yeah same filament spool, I keep them in a dry box when not in use, airtight with silica packets.

Update: printing slower seems to be working. I was always able to print this thing at 70+ mm/s so still trying to figure out what happened