What's causing this?

jpm021990

Posted · What's causing this?

First of all it is best to print with 2,85mm. Printing with 3 can cause some trouble. If you want to print with 3mm anyway you should play a bit with your flow rates. Here you can clearly see sometimes it under extrudes and sometimes it over extrudes. You should try a different flow rate, experiment a bit with it. I would try printing with 2,85 filament to try if the problem remains. Also could you give me your layer height print speed and shell thicknesses.

First of all it is best to print with 2,85mm. Printing with 3 can cause some trouble. If you want to print with 3mm anyway you should play a bit with your flow rates. Here you can clearly see sometimes it under extrudes and sometimes it over extrudes. You should try a different flow rate, experiment a bit with it. I would try printing with 2,85 filament to try if the problem remains. Also could you give me your layer height print speed and shell thicknesses.

Sorry I meant 2.85, I'm just always used to saying 3. The colorfabb filament is 2.85 with a very high accuracy of it

Sorry I meant 2.85, I'm just always used to saying 3.  The colorfabb filament is 2.85 with a very high accuracy of it

No problem was just checking. Than i am indeed pretty sure your nozzle is clogged.

Did 4 atomic pulls and they were all clean and looked exactly like the picture with the bulb shape.

Could it be the coupler or the nozzle itself? I just replaced the coupler a couple of weeks ago along with the nozzle

It could be but if it was installed properly then it should be fine if its only a couple of weeks old.

What print speeds and layer heights are you trying to print with?

It could be but if it was installed properly then it should be fine if its only a couple of weeks old.

What print speeds and layer heights are you trying to print with?

Same thing I've been using for every print the last couple of weeks

0.2 layer height

20% infill

80mm/s

.4mm nozzle

you may want to slow it down a bit. Like 50mm/s or even 40mm/s

Most 3mm filaments are 2.85mm. Especially from high-end manufacturers like Colorfabb.

you may want to slow it down a bit. Like 50mm/s or even 40mm/s

Ok Ill try this

Most 3mm filaments are 2.85mm. Especially from high-end manufacturers like Colorfabb.

I realized I said 3mm by accident when it actually really is 2.85

Are you using the same filament (same spool) as when you were getting good prints?

Are you using the same filament (same spool) as when you were getting good prints?

Yeah same filament spool, I keep them in a dry box when not in use, airtight with silica packets.

Update: printing slower seems to be working. I was always able to print this thing at 70+ mm/s so still trying to figure out what happened

end of spool ?

no, this one is fairly new