Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Ronan

Latest Colorfabb PLA...

We need to restock our color choices, and we are looking at colorfabb PLA for it's variety of colors.

Has anyone used their PLA on a Ultimaker2/2+? I see 1-2 year old threads where people have a lot of headaches with it. We use Ultimaker PLA for our bread & butter since you load it, default settings PLA and print print print print. But the lack of colors is starting to hit on us (and it's price).

Please let me know your experience with colorfabb PLA or if you guys (and girls) recommend another brand for our bread & butter PLA prints.

Than you :)

Note that some are runnier than others but they all pretty much print with exactly the same settings so it makes life easier than switching between brands.

Ive not used the speciality ones though, im just talking about the regular pla colours.

Edited by Guest

Yeah i'm also talking about the regular PLA one's. We needed more colors options for customers and Ultimaker was lacking a few colors, so we thought 'lets get all our PLA from Colorfabb so it's easier to swap colors'. Most clients don't care what you print in, as long it looks good, has color choices and that's about it.

For larger clients we have nefty metal-infused filaments, carbon filaments, nylon for prototypes, etc.

I've ordered 5 rolls of Colorfabb's Bluish White. Used up one roll and did not particularly like it. Put the remaining four up four grabs on eBay at half price. One already sold. Anyone looking to try it at half price, just look on eBay :) I was getting inconsistent extrusion compared to Faberdashery's Arctic White. Did not test other PLA offerings from Colorfabb but heard that their white colors are problematic, however other colors are supposed to be nice.