Latest Colorfabb PLA...

Ronan

Posted · Latest Colorfabb PLA...

We need to restock our color choices, and we are looking at colorfabb PLA for it's variety of colors.

Has anyone used their PLA on a Ultimaker2/2+? I see 1-2 year old threads where people have a lot of headaches with it. We use Ultimaker PLA for our bread & butter since you load it, default settings PLA and print print print print. But the lack of colors is starting to hit on us (and it's price).

Please let me know your experience with colorfabb PLA or if you guys (and girls) recommend another brand for our bread & butter PLA prints.

Than you :)

Ive been using colorfabb since I bought the printer and as the above post says, no headaches. I used to love ultimaker filament but the recipe changed a while back and i permanently switched to colorfabb.

Posted (edited) · Latest Colorfabb PLA...

Note that some are runnier than others but they all pretty much print with exactly the same settings so it makes life easier than switching between brands.

Ive not used the speciality ones though, im just talking about the regular pla colours.

Edited by Guest

Yeah i'm also talking about the regular PLA one's. We needed more colors options for customers and Ultimaker was lacking a few colors, so we thought 'lets get all our PLA from Colorfabb so it's easier to swap colors'. Most clients don't care what you print in, as long it looks good, has color choices and that's about it.

For larger clients we have nefty metal-infused filaments, carbon filaments, nylon for prototypes, etc.

I've ordered 5 rolls of Colorfabb's Bluish White. Used up one roll and did not particularly like it. Put the remaining four up four grabs on eBay at half price. One already sold. Anyone looking to try it at half price, just look on eBay :) I was getting inconsistent extrusion compared to Faberdashery's Arctic White. Did not test other PLA offerings from Colorfabb but heard that their white colors are problematic, however other colors are supposed to be nice.

I've not tried their whites as I see no purpose for 3D printing in that colour as I feel spray paint looks way better than a 3D printed surface. But who knows, I'll check out eBay now and see how much the shipping is.

I'll buy one when I get back from my holiday if they are still there. The price is good and I'll post my printouts when I get it. I'll be surprised if it's that bad but I heard white can be a pain to print with due to the additives.

• Like 1

Ive been using colorfabb since I bought the printer and as the above post says, no headaches. I used to love ultimaker filament but the recipe changed a while back and i permanently switched to colorfabb.

same here :)

I use the big spools of 2.2kg for the common colours, which gives me less leftovers on the spools :)

Ordered 3x of each colors (including the white) to restock our supplies.

Hopefully the white isn't that problematic... a lot of people like having their prototypes printed in white.

I'm a big fan of the Dutch Orange, used two spools of it on my UMO

Yes i can't wait to see the colors. Our company has a orange theme so i was thinking of printing samples for the website in dutch orange.

Me too for the Dutch Orange, it just flows brilliantly. Gave up on the white and use Faberdashery Arctic white

Received 3 large packages yesterday.

Dutch orange looks really nice (well they all do! olive green is mmmm too). Going to do a few test prints over the weekend.

Since I painted my UMO 'custard orange', that filament just seems like a perfect match for it to use. As @yellowshark mentioned, it seems to be a very consistent filament for good results. And on the heated bed, that shiny bottom layer looks great.

Olive green? Interesting.

I didnt get any feeder clicking with dutch orange compared to all my other colours, it just flowed.