Sorry to see it go my UM2 end of an era

bob-hepple

Posted · Sorry to see it go my UM2 end of an era

Mmm Heavily Modified Bnc Sigma - Running two Bondtechs - materials mounted outside the box and S3D

I am just ordering the Flexi Plates from Build Tak (how are you getting on with them)

But I am now considering Keeping the UM2 and moding it with Foehnstrum's dual head Mod considering the amount of spare I have.... Ob Blocks fans and fan shrouds...

• Like 1

Even if you don't need it for real work anymore, why not keep the UM2, and use it to experiment with all sorts of things? Try different filaments, different bonding methods, try upgrades, whatever. Or use it as a demo printer for friends, collegues, kids,... to make toys or so?

Sounds like a pretty powerful beast, the modified BCN you are adding to your range of 3D printers. (adding/replacing).

Hopefully of course you will decide to stay with us and I think it could even be interesting to modify your UM2 with Foehnsturm's modification (he was talking about doing some kind of beta-cycle.)

Could be interesting doing some comparisons between the 2 printers, and having 2 machines doing dual is one hell of a powerful workplace you will have.

• Like 1

Yeh I complained about the upgrade kit (and rightly so) and yes, I have had problems, but the idea of moving the printer to Foehnsturm's Mod interests me, my UM2 is on ebay and I am getting disillusioned by idiots who want it for nothing. Time to pull the Add and keep the UM2 and mod it,, (Happy Days)

SandervG you gave me some sound advise at the London 3D print show a couple of yrs back, I never forgot (thanks).

Yeh I complained about the upgrade kit (and rightly so) and yes,  I have had problems, but the idea of moving the printer to Foehnsturm's Mod interests me, my UM2 is on ebay and I am getting disillusioned by idiots who want it for nothing. Time to pull the Add and keep the UM2 and  mod it,, (Happy Days)

SandervG you gave me some sound advise at the London 3D print show a couple of yrs back,  I never forgot (thanks).

Hey mate, ignore those ebay idiots. It's the same 4-5 individuals harassing people. Every time we put an older Ultimaker for sale on eBay after replacing them with a new one, they kept contacting us offering 1/4 the going rate on eBay and how we are ignorant about prices.

A few have been reported and blocked. If you push through it sells within a week or so.

Well I'm not sure how annoying some can be....some of the ones I have seen in the past had a very hard life yet they still want what you could get a refurb (with 1 year warranty) from Fabrc8 I opted to go that route and just did the Extruder Upgrade to it. Great value right there.

Posted (edited) · Sorry to see it go my UM2 end of an era

Well I'm not sure how annoying some can be....some of the ones I have seen in the past had a very hard life yet they still want what you could get a refurb (with 1 year warranty) from Fabrc8    I opted to go that route and just did the Extruder Upgrade to it.  Great value right there.

When you post something for $1200 when the going price is around $1500 used and they contact you offering less than $500 because 'thats the going price' in their head, that's being annoying. When you show them what the going price is, they resort to using non-sense idiotic comments.

eBay is full of them, and they seem to target people that post 3d printers. I have sold numerous used Ultimaker's on eBay (basically when ever we upgrade our printers), and every time it happens. Some of them will actually keep contacting us until we block them/add on ignore.

We all go through a rough time, but i do not understand how someone can ask for a fraction of the price of the current rate, and then have a big mouth about it when they are politely refused. The term low balling comes to mind.

Edited by Guest

That's interesting. The few times I have bid on Ultimakers on eBay, the same buyer snipes them at 30 second remaining. At least the last time around I made him pay more :)

That's interesting.  The few times I have bid on Ultimakers on eBay, the same buyer snipes them at 30 second remaining.  At least the last time around I made him pay more  :)

Nice. They always sell for what i put them at, but can't stop certain people from 'offering' absurd low amounts and then getting mad when they don't get it.

That's interesting.  The few times I have bid on Ultimakers on eBay, the same buyer snipes them at 30 second remaining.  At least the last time around I made him pay more  :)

The only way to get around that... is to snipe yourself ;)

*hint* http://www.bidnip.com/ *hint* ^_^

Yeh I complained about the upgrade kit (and rightly so) and yes,  I have had problems, but the idea of moving the printer to Foehnsturm's Mod interests me.

Yea the price was high. If your machine was well used and you didn't have olsson block all ready, maybe worth it. (my UM old stock never used until I got it this summer)

For me I thought it was lame that the old extruder even need an upgrade with a new motor, after all the bragging how great the machine was.Then it's still the same style were you can't get into the works to clean it out, Like the IRobertI.

Overall I'm still happy with my machine.

Nice. They always sell for what i put them at, but can't stop certain people from 'offering' absurd low amounts and then getting mad when they don't get it.

How many UM do you sell?

How many UM do you sell?

6 um2 were replaced over the last year with um2+.

Um3 Arriving this week I believe. Let's hope it's all that it's claimed to be!

6 um2 were replaced over the last year with um2+.

Um3 Arriving this week I believe. Let's hope it's all that it's claimed to be!

Cool Let's us know how it go's

Posted (edited) · Sorry to see it go my UM2 end of an era

Yeh I complained about the upgrade kit (and rightly so) and yes,  I have had problems, but the idea of moving the printer to Foehnsturm's Mod interests me, my UM2 is on ebay and I am getting disillusioned by idiots who want it for nothing. Time to pull the Add and keep the UM2 and  mod it,, (Happy Days)

SandervG you gave me some sound advise at the London 3D print show a couple of yrs back,  I never forgot (thanks).

Hah, cool that you still remember and we both still hang around here :)I am happy to hear you are considering keeping your Ultimaker 2 and modify it with Foehnsturms modification. I intend to talk to a lot of people on show days and the 3D printshow was really popular at start. Was it going to be your first step into 3D printing?

- and no thanks, I am happy that I have been able to be of assistance :)

Edited by Guest