There is no "Fill gaps between walls" option in Shell options as stated in the tutorials

joshsmith

Posted · There is no "Fill gaps between walls" option in Shell options as stated in the tutorials

I moved your topic to the Cura sub forum as I'm assuming that's what you're using. It doesn't belong in the news forum.

Which tutorials are you referring to? What version of the slicer are you using?

Posted · There is no "Fill gaps between walls" option in Shell options as stated in the tutorials

It's the newest Cura I think, I downloaded from the website last week. Under the ''getting started'' section of Mastering Cura. Maybe the option has a different name now but I can't figure what would correspond.

Hmm, I can't find it either and honestly I think I missed it when/if it was available. A lot changed in a very short time in the earliest days of Cura 2.x. Perhaps @nallath is able to shed some light on it, or poke someone that can?

In the mean time you can play around with the different "Line width" and "Wall thickness" settings to close up those empty spaces between walls.

Thank you

The implementation of that feature was tightly coupled with the feature Remove Overlapping Wall Parts. However, the latter feature became unnecessary when I introduced the Compensate Wall Overlap feature, so I removed it.

Later I realized that by doing so I also removed the Fill Gaps feature, but then it was too late.

The fill gaps feature will be reintroduced in Cura 2.3

I'm sorry!!

Thank you for the info!

I'm sorry!!

The manual has been updated: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20415-shell

Hi. Any idea when the "Fill Gaps Between Walls" feature may be added back in? I'm running Cura 2.3 but still can't find it. Unless anyone has any other idea of how to get the same result?

Hi

I am also on the hunt for this feature but cant seem to find it. Wasn't it going to find its way back into CURA 2.3? When will it return?

2.4 will have it again.

Cura 2.4 beta is out!

https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software

This will have the fill gaps between walls again ;)

Very very good :p